Burnt out saloon car (1/35)

This is my attempt at the Mig Productions burnt out saloon car, that will form part of an ongoing diorama.  I think the car is based on a 60's Datsun Bluebird although could be any generic model of that time really.  The kit is all resin and has some very large casting blocks, along with some very fiddly wire for the seat frames that need to be made with the included jig.  The seat frames are supposed to be soldered together I think, but my soldering skills are not up to that level of detail, so I twisted and superglued them instead. They seem to have turned out ok when painted and to be honest are hardly visible sadly.

Paint is AK acrylics, AK chipping fluid, AK rusted deposits weathering set and some oils.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 24

Very nice. Very nice indeed. I'm very impressed with the seat springs.

Tell me, have you ever heard of the Entropy Group Build? It would be right up your alley.

Please consider this a personal invitation, Matt. You would be very welcome to join us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, geedubelyer said:

Very unusual and beautifully rendered. 

It doesn't look very smokey 🤔Is that intentional?

The rust effects look top notch 👌

Nice job.

Thank you 😀. Looking at cars that were burnt then abandoned over time it appears that most of the black 'smokwyness' wears away, just leaving rust and white/grey metal. I think if anything I have maybe done it a little too dark but overall I'm pleased. I might give it a dust over in a lighter rust once it is in place in the diorama just to make sure it settles into the scene.

• Like 1

Matt,

You have captured the chemical components turning metal to rust very precisely!

Outstanding  workmanship. 

I think you have done a fantastic  job.

:clap: 

AWESOME  depiction of a vehicle abandoned to the elements!!

:wow:

Maybe you'll have to go back to it in a few years and show how metal fatigue has set in as it  begins to break the metal down and crumbles!

:wicked:  :hmmm:

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...