Paint It Black … or white or both

Paint It Black … or white or both

That says it all really: the main colour scheme should be black, or white, or a combination of the two (combination yes, so not "I've combined the two colours by mixing them to get US Navy light grey").

spacer.png

A black Black Widow, a white Gustav, a waterline Titanic, a white stealthy Mercedes camper van (with full interior detail of course), a SWAT officer, a UN APC, a black Blackhawk, a White Scars Dreadnought, you name it. Bonus points if you manage to work Rolling Stones into your theme.

I’ll finally get started on my Josef Jacobs triplanes, perhaps on an airfield that has a couple of boulders. Anyone else interested to paint it black?

1. @48-Alone-Is-Great
  2. @Corsairfoxfouruncle
  3. @Andwil
  4. @Marklo
  5. @CliffB
  6. @dnl42
  7. @zebra
  8. @gingerbob
  9. @Redstaff
  10. @Adam Poultney
  11. @Col.
  12. @Paul J
  13. ...

Edited by 48-Alone-Is-Great
  • Like 2

Go ahead and add me, there is a zebra striped Black & White P-51 Reno racer from back in the 60’s and 70’s. 

https://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Fea1/101-200/Fea181a-HI-Time-Racer-Williams/00.shtm

Or the Black and white distrmper camouflage. 

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/417075615464015786/

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

I have an interest in night fighters, plus I also have a Triplane to build as Jacobs’ plane, or an Albatros of von Tutschek, so include me please.

AW

• Like 1

9860A19A-605C-4D52-B737-0EF6A889E7B6.jpgAnd to think I only did this a while ago for the blitzbuild. I also have a 1/48 Fokker DR1 in Joseph Jacobs colours but it’s probably past 25%.

That said insure I can find something so put me down.

2-A2-E1-B48-A941-4177-B3-A5-11-B24-EBAF2

50147873-7-B61-4-E10-8115-FC45734-DD8-A1

Something like the above, both of which I have in the stash.

Actually now that I think of it I also have a Be12 that I want to do as a night fighter and a camel that I’d like to convert into a comic so actually it might be more difficult deciding what not to build….

• Like 4

The stash sez: Civilized Models 1/48 Bede BD-5J, Airfix 1/48 Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.I, Kittyhawk 1/48 TF-9J (F9F-8T) "Cougar", Arma 1/48 PZL P.1, Revell 1/144 SpaceShipTwo & White Knight Two, Dragon 1/144 X-3 Stiletto, Glencoe 1/48 Jupiter C, Revell 1/110 Juptier C, MPC 1/100 Titan IIIC

• Like 1

"My philosophy, like colour TV,

Is all there in black & white."  -Raymond Scum

We need a ruling on how much "trim color" is allowed, Personally I think the more ONLY white and/or black it is, the better.  And now I'm thinking of Spinal Tap...

And I'll even offer a theme song:

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 9:46 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

Meteor IIIs were painted in standard camouflage and then oversprayed white as a recognition scheme before they went into combat.

Saturn I, Saturn V, Space Shuttle...  

Yes! And the whitewashed winter schemes and Japanese surrender (basically all Japanese types) ... so you are in?

1 hour ago, 48-Alone-Is-Great said:

so you are in?

As Group Build Moderator, I have to remain neutral until a groupbuild gets past the bunfight.  But if it gets on the calendar, I'll be in.

• Like 1

The choice is simple, there are no grey areas!

So stop procrastinating and decide: either black or white ... (or both?)

Join the Paint it Black GB! Here more inspiration:

spacer.png

• Like 2

Sounds  fun. Count me in. RCAF types in white with UN markings maybe. Or... Ford Model T's ( any colour you like etc...)even.....V bombers, Arrows(RCAF), SR71 ....

• Like 2

On 10/22/2022 at 11:25 AM, gingerbob said:

Love those two Kfirs(?) or Mirages!  (I also really like the "winter" A-10, but is the dark color black, or something else?)

That was the farewell flight of the Mirage III in Swiss service:

http://www.safc.ch/2003/sac/airshow3.html

and

https://www.pbase.com/m_mutsaers/goodbye_swiss_mirage

And yes, that A-10 was black and white. They also did a 3-tone with grey:

https://warthognews.blogspot.com/2012/01/10-80-0221-in-experimental-arctic.html

Politics has become so polarized, there is only ‘my way’. Everything is black and white.

Yet somehow this GB isn’t 30 strong yet … are ... are BM members politically sensible?

Surely not for a GB!? Come on! So many options to choose from!

spacer.png

Like these: Arrow, Austrian, Betty, Blackbird, Black Knight, Brunswicker, White Scar ... from 1800 to 40K, why wait?

• Like 1