F-8 Crusader USN 1:72 Academy

Hello guys.I want to present you my latest finished model.The great academy F-8E.I had to do it for a customer who wanted a F-8C.Unfrotunatley there is not F-8C kit outthere so I had to make the F-8E somewhat resemble a C model.Painted in gunze acrylics.The dacals were a bit of a pain.I used the printscale decals and I am not satisfied with their performance.

CUMx0Ah.jpg

o2jXcpd.jpg

nJ2jndz.jpg

Xe4wKew.jpg

wmjjGn0.jpg

nuuxQaW.jpg

qpVSlhZ.jpg

nASZ80K.jpg

KTx5dYb.jpg

j1kkEdA.jpg

6FYkBQL.jpg

rqej2KZ.jpg

• Like 57

Your build looks just fantastic.

I have heard a lot of complaints about the Printscale decals. I have some, and I am slightly worried to ever use them!

But your Crusader is great.

JR

A nice kit but if you raise the wing on the Crusader the flaps and slats drop automatically. 

The kit allows you to raise the wing but not drop the flaps or slats so its not accurate in that respect. 

For an F-8C you need to remove the ventral hump on the wing and reprofile the nose. Also as it was an air defence fighter it never had the pylons for bombs the F-8E had, and could not deploy Zunis. You are right there is no F-8C kit which is a shame.

Thise decals dont look that good, the yellow on the ventral fins is supposed to cover the whole thing and it looks like no serial number?

Julien

• 2 weeks later...