Douglas DC 2 36SQ RAAF 1943. Kit MPM 1/72

Hi,

this is not a plane one sees built very often. And you have done a great job on it, even if the Aussie camo looks rather lugubrious.

Congrats!

JR

• Thanks 1

The DC-2 is clearly overshadowed by its successor the legendary DC-3. Nevertheless, it played an important role in both civil and military aviation from the interwar years to WW2. Seeing it in RAAF camoflage is indeed a rare sight. You created a very unique and beautiful model. 

• Thanks 1

A very nice build of a less modelled aircraft. I built it as a review model a while ago and the main issue I had with it was that the plastic was very 'shiny' and filler did not want to stick to it. 

• Thanks 1

Looks excellent, Mate!

👏👏👍

So would this be an example of what you told me in your Spitfire VIII post?:

"For my Australian ones, I use 29 or 89 for the brown and 149 for the foliage green."

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jean said:

Hi,

this is not a plane one sees built very often. And you have done a great job on it, even if the Aussie camo looks rather lugubrious.

Congrats!

JR

Thank you very much. This one is my 6th DC 2. I had already post 2 Finnish AF, and 1 RAF in Middle East.

I'll post my 2 Spanish ones, in both side of the Civil War in the futur with my SCW collection.

Alain

7 hours ago, 112 Squadron said:

The DC-2 is clearly overshadowed by its successor the legendary DC-3. Nevertheless, it played an important role in both civil and military aviation from the interwar years to WW2. Seeing it in RAAF camoflage is indeed a rare sight. You created a very unique and beautiful model. 

Thank you mate.

Alain

15 hours ago, Mr T said:

A very nice build of a less modelled aircraft. I built it as a review model a while ago and the main issue I had with it was that the plastic was very 'shiny' and filler did not want to stick to it. 

Thank you very much.

Well, this one is an old box, perhaps with time, it is not so "shiny". And I had no problem with the Tamiya filler. But use a lot, especialy aroud the nose.

Alain

8 hours ago, kapam said:

Looks excellent, Mate!

👏👏👍

So would this be an example of what you told me in your Spitfire VIII post?:

"For my Australian ones, I use 29 or 89 for the brown and 149 for the foliage green."

Thank you very much. Yes indeed, this one is 89/149, and sky blue levi's paint (copy of another tin how is not aviable in continental Europe, nor exported due to the law)

for the underside.

Alain