Douglas A-8 Skydragon - What-if

Hi All,

While enjoying the site today I came accross GiampieroSilvestri's what-if of a Dassault Rafale combined with an A-4 Skyhawk (check it out - very creative). :)

With that in mind I thought I'd add a similar project of my own.  I bought a second hand and badly abused Monogram A-4 Skyhawk/Mongoose and in the end decided to do a what-if creation.  For background in the mid-1960s the US Navy was looking for a Skyhawk replacement - a contest eventually won by the Vought A-7 Corsair II.  This is my version of the fictitious Douglas entry, the A-8 Skydragon.  For the keen eyed the fuel tanks, electric counter measure pods, centre line photo recon pod and vertical stabilizer came from an Airfix 1/48 scale Jaguar (see Forlorn Jaguar post).  The engine exhausts came from the nacelles of a Ju-188, the wings from a Su-7 and the rest (excluding a ton of filler) came from the spares box.  The aircraft is depicted as it might have appeared in the mid-1970s serving with the Swedish Air Force . A personal triumph of hard work and determination over common sense and useful time management but it was fun.  

Kind Regards,

Tomcat101        

LF2HJuzfC5aD0FxrPWIPHsHVcHlOXeSI4Brc6hfp

KcGNs_blRBu-ahQm5pz_F84Vv_F5F6UNKvW3M2T2

1kWeMTVS4jBQFu6nly7fjfcI0yfq5S7g1zenO_N8

PEdMOTZ34gl5luNFM1ubmv_OrJbubgkakBqxdua6

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1