Tamiya Honda S2000

I was in the mood for a quick, simple build of a car I like.  The Tamiya Honda S2000 met every part of that brief admirably, it's a basic kit with no underbonnet detail but the underside and suspension are pretty good (apologies for no pictures of those at the moment), much better than some kits that had a generic chassis.  It was going to be a strictly OOB build but I couldn't leave out seatbelts as they are so obvious in an open car.  The colour is Tamiya Gunmetal spray, finished off with a bit of Tamiya spray clear.  Most other paint is Tamiya too, The instructions suggested red or black seats, but it seems that you could get two-tone red/black seats as well, which seemed far more interesting.  Rather than plain black I used NATO black for the dashboard, seats and doors along with flat red as that looked more like the colour that Honda used rather than the typical satin black (although plenty of that was still used).  Leather and vinyl parts of the interior got a coat of Halfords matt lacquer, which seems to give enough of a sheen, not glossy but enough to differentiate those parts from the pure matt of the painted carpet.

This is definitely a kit I'd recommend, the last kit I finished before this was by MiniArt (with everything that implies), so this was a breath of fresh air.  It's a bit of a shame that you don't get a full engine and you can't build a proper UK/European specification car (I guess you'd need separate bumper mouldings and different tail lamps).  The hard-top is nice although I'm not going to fit it, I'd have liked a version of the soft top so you could depict the car with the roof raised.  I guess it would all bump up the price to a point that's uneconomical?

y4mLLbz0Gk_7WhdpqWNoyvIChY8FH1-5ONNENnDW

y4m7DMVIZ6OrYZ-Ds3FiDaoKwCi1svj8m6n1ZTf1

y4mswnZUddcDbi_7PQxDzNypyXctA2ozUHMs6ZZA

y4mHtt3Kq0yLY4CrvaKXigshwLkJ5O0yWEplg-dL

y4mHTkEFRY5Ue2pctnPLOAcp8iY222eOHBWhiV18

y4msqGcfVDB6mzhKcoQml-Ak-KwC7E0XnUdU74cC

Apologies for the lack of WIP thread, but I felt like I needed to just keep my head down and build on my own.

• Like 25

Nice work. 👍

Brings back fond memories (I owned two). 

I very nearly bought this kit and the Spoon transkit before finances went sideways. Wanted to build the version I lusted after, rather than the one that I had! 

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about the lack of a WIP thread, while it's always nice to see how other people build their models the old maxim of "build for yourself, not for other people" should always come into play if you want to keep the enjoyment in the hobby.

The model itself looks very clean and tidy, it may have been simple but it's a good end result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1