Airfix 1:48 Chipmunk WB549

Hi all

I was given this Chipmunk part built off a mate earlier in the year and over the last month or so decided to get it finished.

I’ve finished it as WB549 the first British chipmunk to be displayed at farnborough in 1949 

Tamiya and humbrol acrylics paints used 

kit decals and kits world 3D printed harnesses 

thanks for looking and enjoy 

Airfix 1:48 chipmunk

• Like 41

Super well finished! This is a very delicate plane and I dare say I am tempted.                                                                                                             

Congrats!

JR                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Edited by jean
  • Like 1

A very  nice rendition of'549. Its good to see the popularity of this kit here.

As for the real one it is also good its still in this country while WB550  itself next one along is I Canada at the RCAF Museum  Trenton

I would have thought the RAF would earmark this one for one of the RAF collections over here and send a different one over to Trenton.

• Like 1