Woomera Meteor U. Mk.21A – 1/48 Airfix F.8 + Red Roo Conversion *** FINISHED ***

Ray_W

@81-er @franky boy James & James, thank you. I usually enjoy all my builds, but the Meteor was especially good fun.

The GB's are always a good excuse to do something a little different. Like now, complete change of pace .... plenty of fun buried in this little armoured car.  

Minerva WIP 10

Ray

• Like 2

Congratulations @Ray_W

Very very neat and clean build. 

The paintjob is absolutely smooth and the edges crisp and clean. 
Plus the weathering, just the right amount to me. Looking forward to the gallery pictures!

You certainly are a modeler who inspires me to push myself to build cleaner, almost putty-free. And be patient and careful with the paintjobs. 

Sam

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sam said:

You certainly are a modeler who inspires me to push myself to build cleaner, almost putty-free. And be patient and careful with the paintjobs. 

Hi Sam,

Pleased you like the final result. Gallery images are up now. Trying to build clean and almost putty free is an important step to achieving good paint jobs. Besides, I hate sanding. I think we all do.

Ray

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 3:52 PM, Ed Russell said:

Very nice job!

Thanks Ed, I'll also add that the conversion you supply is itself a "very nice job". Besides the resin and everything required being in the box, I really do appreciate the in-depth instructions and the decals are excellent.

Ray

@gingerbob @Enzo the Magnificent  Thanks Bob and Enzo, glad you like it. Fun build.

I just noticed I bumped the wingtip aerial on the starboard wing when taking that 4th gallery photo. That was the last photo I took. I made the aerials removable for transportation. Glued them in place with a little blob of Black Vallejo model color on the wire at the required length and then slid the wire in to the pre drilled hole. Pushes the blob on the wire a tad to make a nice scale base for the aerial mounting. Nice on the shelf or for a photo unless you bump them and swivel it around. Oh well. :shrug:

Ray