Halve the size, double the joy!™ A Matchbox Nostalgia Group Effort ploy ... let's make scale models of those scale models.

48-Alone-Is-Great

Halve the size, double the joy!™ A Matchbox Nostalgia Group Effort ploy ... let's make scale models of those scale models.

As a group let’s try to build all Matchbox multicolour models, in all versions, i.e. the painting instruction versions and the original multicolour, but in half the original size, so there’s actually a chance to get it done.

In other words, that 1:72 PK-115 Messerschmit 110 becomes a pair of 1:144 Me-110s (from whichever brand): one painted in the Matchbox plastic two-tone, the other as one of the fully camouflaged versions depicted on the back of the box.

spacer.png

Each of your scaled down Matchbox entries should ideally be such a pair. You can enter as many (pairs) as you want, as long as you have a good backstory to explain the connection between them. "One from each of the 1:72 aircraft series." "The first three Matchbox models I ever built." "All the biplanes … duh!” "All types that have a 7." Etc, you get it. Planes, tanks, ships, men, cars, bikes. Inspiration found here: www.matchboxkits.org .

Other than that, the more the merrier. If we’ll see dozens of Spits, but few or no Foxes, then so be it.

I'll add the Ten Commandments for this GB all the way below, if more than ten fellow Britmodellers are interested ... who is?

1. 48-Alone-Is-Great
  2. ...

Edited by 48-Alone-Is-Great
  • Like 1

• 48-Alone-Is-Great changed the title to Halve the size, double the joy!™ A Matchbox Nostalgia Group Effort ploy ... let's make scale models of those scale models.

Its a great idea but we had a Classic Matchbox group build earlier this year. Group build rules push this to at least a 3 year wait between a return. This is so as not to over do any specific themes. I think @Enzo Matrix might be able to explain it better than I can. 

It’s an interesting premise, possibly a bit complex for a lot of builders. Some builders on the recent matchbox gB built two kits one bare and one painted.

The idea of two half scale models side by side is quite cute. But as said previously by the rules 2025 at the earliest.

21 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Its a great idea but we had a Classic Matchbox group build earlier this year. Group build rules push this to at least a 3 year wait between a return. This is so as not to over do any specific themes. I think @Enzo Matrix might be able to explain it better than I can. 

OK, too bad. I can't find that rule about a 3 year wait though.

Is "Paint it black ... or white" admissable? The main colour scheme is black or white or both (pics of just a pair of red hot exhausts or piercing eyes against a black background will probably be disqualified; a nice diorama of the Rolling Stones might just make it).

1 hour ago, 48-Alone-Is-Great said:

OK, too bad. I can't find that rule about a 3 year wait though.

Is "Paint it black ... or white" admissable? The main colour scheme is black or white or both (pics of just a pair of red hot exhausts or piercing eyes against a black background will probably be disqualified; a nice diorama of the Rolling Stones might just make it).

Sure I cant see why it wouldn't be allowed ?  

• 8 months later...