Panther A Normandy

First post here, so I might mess it up a bit,

Recently bought another Tamiya Panther Ausf. A, The construction went well and with some parts from a Jagdpanther I will never finish I feel the build is just a bit better than if I used the parts from just the Panther A kit any criticism would be appreciated, and if anyone has any suggestions for the build that would be helpful

spacer.png

• Like 9

Added some more to the model, mostly just stowage. I have a new can of primer from Army Painter arriving soon so I'll wait to paint it until then I have no experience with primer, so any advice from you guys will be very helpful.  

spacer.png

Edited by CaptainREDACTED
  • Like 6

18 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

A good clean build that.👍 Are you doing camouflage pattern and,if so,which one?

I am planning to do a 3 tone camo, not quite sure what I will do yet, Ive found a few colour profiles online, I'm probably going to use this one since I like the variation of colours and I haven't made a camo for a German tank yet.

spacer.png

• Like 3

The cammo illustration is for a Panther G and you are modeling a Panther A/D so check on if this style cammo was used on a A/D.

My comment may be seen a being picky but things like this do matter when modelling German Armour.

Pete

Edited by PeteH1969
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PeteH1969 said:

The cammo illustration is for a Panther G and you are modeling a Panther A/D so check on if this style cammo was used on a A/D.

My comment may be seen a being picky but things like this do matter when modelling German Armour.

Pete

I have noticed that, while the camos I found are not close to the Panther Ausf. G camo, I will likely go ahead with it for the practice, since I am planning on buying another Panther and will likely do that one with an accurate camouflage, thanks for pointing this out.

spacer.png

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to finishing this project, well I might make a scenic base for it. It started off with a Oak brown primer that I got a few weeks back

spacer.png

I then decided to brush paint the Camo, it isn't exactly accurate but it is somewhat close to the real deal.

spacer.png

I experimented with rust effects on the spare tracks

spacer.png

After this I built and painted a set of figures I bought for this project, it was my first time painting the figures, along with the commander of the tank so the end product isn't the best.

spacer.png

The construction was very easy and I will likely buy from HobbyBoss again.

spacer.png

And that for now concludes the Panther A Normandy project for now, I will likely add some more weathering when I next have free time, the camo is also far from the best so I may reapply it in some areas.

• Like 4