1/18 - Douglas A-4 Skyhawk resin kit by Jetmads - 3D renders

Homebee

Source: https://www.facebook.com/JETMADS2016/posts/pfbid02EsFZDAqgLmZd2MBJUTx1KW33JW71YgRNA5AMMzBRpqptU3qL3APQki4CxsWtKZQol

Many messages and queries about the 1:18 A-4 Skyhawk. Just to let you know that it is progressing fine. And so are the Neptune, the Draken and the Raptor...

Release date yet to be decided, but we know by now that 2023 is going to be a very busy year.

310932307-572839677987253-52476458193192

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Very tempting, but I don´t know if I´m still alive, when this kit will be released.

They say that progressing is fine.

But they are still busy with shipping the second run of the Viggen ( payment in August 2021)

Then there are 500 already paid kits of the Learjet to produce and ship ( payment in August 2021)

Then there are 500 already paid kits of the Stiletto to produce and ship.

This will keep them busy until end of 2024.

P.S.: Bekim, a fellow modeller from Germany, wanted to visit them in September. Their company address is a residential building ( he sent some pics ).

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 4:00 PM, John_W said:

Having followed the WIPs on their Viggen here on BM, this will build up in to an impressive model when finished, but sadly beyond my meagre talents, and available storage space.

Not to mention the budget.

• Like 1

Not having a go but aren't these 1/18 Aircraft kits somewhat simplified in detail? The opposite of what you might expect in larger scales. I seem to remember reading that (could be wrong) also I see no panel lines on this example thus far, but that could be early production?

Perhaps that's the idea too, a sort of semi blank canvas for a modeller to go to town on scratching own detail from references?

Too big for me I'm afraid but it does remind me I need a good a-4 Skyhawk in 1/48, am sure it will look very impressive and have presence as any large model does once built up though. Fair play to those that have the space.

10 hours ago, One 48 said:

Not having a go but aren't these 1/18 Aircraft kits somewhat simplified in detail? The opposite of what you might expect in larger scales. I seem to remember reading that (could be wrong) also I see no panel lines on this example thus far, but that could be early production?

I think you may be confusing this kit with the 1/18 pre-assembled and pre-painted ones that were so popular several years ago. The Skyhawk is a detailed kit for modelers who call for accuracy, the likes of which you won't find in the aforementioned mass produced 1/18 models. Hope this clarifies the difference for you.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Since she was the first one I worked on after joining the Seven Hundred and Twenty Fourth South Coast rent a fighter Squadron I believe I'll be doing mine as 871

IwvLQTJ.jpg

Edited by NAVY870
  • Like 2