Special Hobby Israeli Meteor F.8 target tug

Luke1199

Hi all, didn't realise how soon it was before this GB opened- luckily I've just bought Special Hobby's 'Middle East Meteors' kit in 1/72. 

20221009_195959

As the paints suggest, I'll be building this in the early Israeli blue/brown scheme, with this specific aircraft being used as a target tug by 107 squadron until 1964.

20221009_200143

Here's the sprue shot, I have cut the main fuselage and wing pieces off to test the fit and so far it looks good. 

20221009_200234

20221009_200117

Looking forward to this build- even if the dayglo stripe decals terrify me 😅

Thanks for looking in!

• Like 9

Nice to see you're getting a taste for GB's, Luke. I'm sure you'll do a great job of this one judging by your builds in the F-5 GB :) I'm doing an Isreali FR9 as one of mine, using MRP paints. I'll be intrigued to see how the colours compare between those and the AK paints you're using.

James

• Like 2

Hello Luke very nice choice, Not sure if you know this. But on the later Mk.’s of Night fighter, the belly tank actually is cut at the rear. There are also two vertical hoses running into the belly. Might be worth a check to see if the tank is the same on the single seat fighters ? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Luke very nice choice, Not sure if you know this. But on the later Mk.’s of Night fighter, the belly tank actually is cut at the rear. There are also two vertical hoses running into the belly. Might be worth a check to see if the tank is the same on the single seat fighters ? 

Cheers for the heads up, I'll have to check that out.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I've been following the builds being posted in the gallery and have been inspired to finally get around to building this kit. It's went together relatively quickly so far and this is how she looks...

20221231_213722

20221231_213706

The build itself has been a mixed bag. The cockpit fit was appalling, it just wouldnt sit in the fuselage in such a way that i could actually seal it up. Finally got it in and when I've test fitted the canopy the seat is set too tall so will need to be cut down or ditched altogether. Luckily the kit must be built with a closed lid.

The fuselage fit was good once I finally managed to "fit" the cockpit in, the wings went together well too (though theres going to be some sanding required and some filler along the wing roots).

20221231_213731

Leaving it to dry then in the morning it'll be getting a prime and a coat of paint, looking forward to painting the camouflage scheme. 

Thanks for looking in!

• Like 7