Italeri 1/72 P-38J Lightning

So I'll be building this little beauty...

spacer.png

It's going to be pretty much OOB, with just some aftermarket paint masks and maybe a resin pilot, if I have one that will fit.

I'll probably model it in flight / undercarriage up.

Instructions seem clear enough, there are 4 decal schemes - I'm not sure which I'll go for but really don't fancy doing the invasion stripes.

spacer.png

All parts are bagged up in a giant bag containing smaller bags (the coloured plastic being 2 sprues to a bag). Looks like there's individual prop blades which I'm not looking forward to!

spacer.png

I have no idea why there are stickers with 'made in South Korea, imported by Italeri' everywhere? Some new EU regulation?

• Like 7

welcome along too, with a great model.

The Academy 1/72nd model along with it's big brother 48th version are nice models to build, so you should enjoy this build.

Good luck with the build, I hope you enjoy it.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
16 hours ago, PattheCat said:

Hello Scargsy, how is it going  (with you and your build) ?

Regards.

Pat 

Hi Pat, haven't managed to make a start yet - but looks like there's going to be some reorginisation at my work so I might end up with a lot more spare time - yikes! (Still plenty of time to do some modelling.)

• Sad 3

That's not quite how any of us wish to find ourselves with more time on our hands! While I hope you get some more bench time, I sincerely hope that isn't the way it comes about

James

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scargsy said:

Hi Pat, haven't managed to make a start yet - but looks like there's going to be some reorginisation at my work so I might end up with a lot more spare time - yikes! (Still plenty of time to do some modelling.)

I was prematurely put into "enforced" retirement for medical reasons. Took me a moment (and a therapist) to feel better and to accept I was put aside. My health improved. I found I had (much) less money but more time for modelling amongst other things. I had a delay to fight the decision but didn't. Early retirement wasn't what I envisioned but in the end I felt good, that's the point.

I hope things go as you desire, and first of all that - all things considered - it will make you feel good.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1