1/72 - IJA Kogiken Heavy fighter Plan 1 Type B (1941) resin kit by Ushimodels - released

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - IJA Kogiken Heavy fighter Plan 1 Type B (1941) resin kit by Ushimodels - 3D renders
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - IJA Kogiken Heavy fighter Plan 1 Type B (1941) resin kit by Ushimodels - 3D renders+test model
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - IJA Kogiken Heavy fighter Plan 1 Type B (1941) resin kit by Ushimodels - 3D renders+test build - release in 2022
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - IJA Kogiken Heavy fighter Plan 1 Type B (1941) resin kit by Ushimodels - released

Interesting-looking aeroplane. I presume it was never built? Even as a non-aeronautical non-engineer I can tell there is no way they were going to adequately cool that radial engine in the middle of the fuselage. The pilot would also have had a fun time taking off with that long nose in front of him. Still, I've seen much weirder aircraft that actually flew (Stipa, anyone, or the Beriev VVA-14?).

Regards,

Jason

This looks good and I'm buying a copy for myself.

I do wonder about being able to cleanly paint the landing gear hubs and struts with the landing gear doors moulded in place.

Odd choice of moulding, that.