Sherman Mk I Hybrid (Asuka 1:35 M4 Composite) ***Finished***

SimonL

@zigsterOh, I cleared my cache on my phone and the pictures all appear to be there now. Hopefully they are visible for everyone else.

@Peter Browne Really happy with how the tools came out - thanks for the positive feedback. In relation to the sheen, I actually have problems making things look “dead matt”, so I suspect I will be able to retain that sheen.

So close to finishing! I tied down the stowage with the rigging thread which I stained with some of the brown-grey mix model wash I have been using, and finished attaching the stowage including my homemade rolled tarp on the turret. The straps for that were made from the same soft foil fizzy wine capsule as the tie downs for the tools. I’ve decided against using all the stowage - save some for another day.

p?i=6f05ef1a74274cca68bd8b8e11e466a9

p?i=f798557ae0f4a265719ae86b4dd3de6a

p?i=7da5ff5965f01a7a745c6adcb40f6bd1

p?i=70a6116cf695d81fd592836c35c8ec3a

Just the radio aerials and tow-rope to go, as well as a final matt coat to reduce the shine a bit.

• Like 5

And finished! Took me a little longer than expected to finish the figure - figure painting is really not my thing. Aerials are from cut off lengths of steel guitar string. I finished with a wash of Vallejo Model Wash European Dust, and then a couple of coats of Vallejo Matt varnish. RFI shortly (once the varnish has dried properly), thanks for following along and a Merry Christmas to all.

p?i=b678190bd89fd3685d8b3d7c67cfa4d5

• Like 8

• SimonL changed the title to Sherman Mk I Hybrid (Asuka 1:35 M4 Composite) ***Finished***

Looks great Simon, well done!

One suggestion if i may..............

Use a bit of PVA glue on your fingers and run the sting between them to coat it, this gets rid of the fluffy appearance. I got this tip on one of my earlier builds from somebody on here and find it makes a difference.

George

• Like 1