DC-10s

Sierra Tango

Another series of trijets for your viewing pleasure. All shot at DFW.

First up is a Challenge Air Cargo DC-10-40, N140WE, photographed taxiing out for departure in April of 1999.

spacer.png

World Airways DC-10-30 photographed on the East Air Freight ramp on December of 1985.

spacer.png

A personal favorite of mine is this shot of British Caledonian DC-10-30, G-BFGI, holding short of runway 18L just prior to departure in June of 1984.

spacer.png

Sun Country DC-10-10, SE-DHZ, photographed taxiing north on taxiway G in October of 1991.

spacer.png

AA DC-10-10, N151AA, taxiing out for departure in June of 1984.

spacer.png

Fed Ex DC-10-10, N40061, in the landing flare for runway 17L in 1995.

spacer.png

British Airways DC-10-30, G-NIUK, taxiing out for departure.

spacer.png

Soon to be an ex AA DC-10-30 is N140AA photographed on the AA hangar 3, 4 ramp in July of 1996.

spacer.png

One more B-Cal jet for you is G-BHDI photographed on the Terminal 2W ramp on January 11, 1987.

spacer.png

Last one for now. Something not seen every day is a white top AA DC-10. N909WA, DC-10-10, former Western Airlines DC-10 photographed on the West Air Freight ramp preparing to taxi to the terminal.

spacer.png

Hope you enjoy these.

Steve

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Sierra Tango said:

Hope you enjoy these.

Very much thanks Steve. The DC-10 has long had a place in my heart, flew on AirNZ.s ones a couple of times & always thought they looked very right. Some super schemes on display there, but like you, I think that BCal one takes the prize.

Steve.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I wasn't aware of BA flying these aircraft, were they ex BCal or something else?

Steve.

Steve,

I don't recall if all the early British Airways DC-10s were former B-Cal airframes but I do know that several of them were.

Steve

• Thanks 1

Great set of photos, and I love DC-10’s. Had the pleasure of a trip around Longbeach very many years ago, with lots of KC-10’s on the line. There’s something very elegant about that BA machine, though they all look good

SD