Frog's venerable Meteor.

stevej60

Hi folk's.couldn't resist doing something for this one so thought it would be nice to add this kit to the GB as for many years this and

Airfix's offering were all we had as far as this very important aircraft is concerned plus I've never built Frogs kit,picked up a sealed

boxing for eight quid on e-bay.

R

• Like 9

Nice choice Steve, Ive so far only built one. So with my build for this brings that total to two. Both of which are two seater’s, I would definitely enjoy doing and plan on for future builds. A Mk. III, Mk.IV, an Mk.8, and an FR.9 plus a Mk.13 and Mk.14 Night fighter. 

1 minute ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Nice choice Steve, Ive so far only built one. So with my build for this brings that total to two. Both of which are two seater’s, I would definitely enjoy doing and plan on for future builds. A Mk. III, Mk.IV, an Mk.8, and an FR.9 plus a Mk.13 and Mk.14 Night fighter. 

Hi Dennis,I was very tempted to try Airfix's new tool which has just hit the shops here but you know how much I love an oldie!

• Like 1

Evening folk's kit arrived safe,always amazes me how for little money a kit boxed and still in celophane from nearly fifty years ago can be found,instruction

sheet as white as a sheet and decals in mint condition.Simple kit,nice shape clear canopy really looking forward to my first Frog Meteor.

20221011_174727

• Like 7

Hi folk's,started today,first job was to join the wing's after adding a few pieces of evergreen strip to add a bit of interest. I also added a few pieces to the 

cockpit which is only a seat and floor.Notice the filler on a dimple on the nacelle and sink mark on the wing on the right.

20221016_154128

Cockpit painted and a dry brush with masking tape harness.

20221016_171800

A dry fit of the wings and fuselage shows no issues so now after a decent nose weight added she's fully glued together.

20221016_161115

• Like 13

13 hours ago, franky boy said:

Nice start Steve 

Thats a proper golden oldie!

James

Many thanks James and just in time for an update.All seams cleaned up lovely and sprayed in Humbrol primer. No filler used at all and on a kit this old too!

IMG-20221018-WA0000

• Like 12

10 hours ago, CliffB said:

Quite a find Steve, as you say, and looking good.

Picked up a Frog Hunter Cliff.£7.

Same story.still in shrink wrap and

Immaculate in the box, liked the

John Menzies price sticker 30p.

• Like 1

Hi folk's.after a lot of thinning and attempt on a paint mule I was confident to spray on the Vallejo aluminium and happy to report all turned out well with a beautiful 

smooth finish.

20221019_194946

• Like 16

On 20/10/2022 at 14:59, John said:

I built one of these in the FROG GB a few years ago, straight from the box - it goes together very nicely:

Very nice too John,I have not made my mind up on the scheme yet but I do like those Dutch roundel's.

• Thanks 1