Does anyone make an Injected plastic 4 stack Destroyer class model in 1/350 or close scale ?

Corsairfoxfouruncle

Ive checked Scalemates and not turned up anything but resin. Im curious to know if anyone makes/made an injected plastic kit in 1/350th or anything larger than 1/500th ? Anything smaller and its just not very easily buildable by my hands. Ive found Resin kits for a couple of types, and if needs be would go that route. However just doing my due diligence and checking to see if Im missing anything ? 

45 minutes ago, Orso said:

Mirage/Airfix: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/airfix-03250-hms-campbeltown--100339

It is sad that it is in 1/400 scale. If it had been in 1/350 I would have bought one

If I can find one Id be ok its still bigger than 1/700. I prefer 1/350 myself but some types aren't catered for/to

Would you be interested in good quality photographs of what's inside the Atlantic Models resin kit in 1/350 exactly as the parts come and how they go together? I don't have the photographs but have the kit and would be happy to do it if it was more uncertainty about the quality / value for money as opposed to simple refusal to glue resin models together. If definitely not interested then I won't waste the time though :D 

19 minutes ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Would you be interested in good quality photographs of what's inside the Atlantic Models resin kit in 1/350 exactly as the parts come and how they go together? I don't have the photographs but have the kit and would be happy to do it if it was more uncertainty about the quality / value for money as opposed to simple refusal to glue resin models together. If definitely not interested then I won't waste the time though :D 

Sure if it isnt too much trouble ? Ive considered an all resin build before just haven't made the leap yet. But seems more of the subject Im into are available that route. 

Here's Atlantic Models' HMS Montgomery kit. The parts do need some clean-up similar to lower quality plastic kits such as Trumpeter ones do, but there aren't huge sanding blocks to saw away or spend hours sanding down in a cloud of harmful dust. It's also very complete.

PXL_20221010_131446830.jpg

PXL_20221010_131519900.jpg

PXL_20221010_131558480.jpg

PXL_20221010_131553577.jpg

PXL_20221010_131456781.jpg

PXL_20221010_131607104.MP.jpg

PXL_20221010_131614923.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, dickrd said:

Any painting instructions?(!)

Indeed. I should have included them earlier but I'd mentally dismissed them as I've been marking the kit up to butcher into LRDE HMS Stanley.

PXL_20221010_150033993_2.jpg

You will, I assume, recognise this as an attempt to practically interpret the scheme given in Raven's Warship Perspectives Camouflage Volume Two: Royal Navy 1942 page 53, although where Peter Hall has called for MS2, Raven calls for "Light Medium Green".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Here's Atlantic Models' HMS Montgomery kit.

3 hours ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Indeed. I should have included them earlier but I'd mentally dismissed them as I've been marking the kit up to butcher into LRDE HMS Stanley.

PXL_20221010_150033993_2.jpg

You will, I assume, recognise this as an attempt to practically interpret the scheme given in Raven's Warship Perspectives Camouflage Volume Two: Royal Navy 1942 page 53, although where Peter Hall has called for MS2, Raven calls for "Light Medium Green".

Thank you very much sir. The photo’s give me a good idea of size/quality. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 4:04 PM, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Yes. Whilst available photos show that there is something wrong here I doubt that there are sufficient photos available to say what might be 'right'. For example, given the way the dark (black?) draught numbers show up on the dark camouflage panel on the upper starboard bow it was obviously not an MS1 camouflage panel there; given the dark pendant number to port shows up on the lower dark camouflage panel there that panel cannot have been MS1 either; the pendant number to starboard is all light/white (not black) but its contrast with the lower light camouflage panel on the bow starboard side is not great suggesting something of a medium/light tone ie not MS2. 

Montgomery 1943 1 30 Charleston

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Just an update on this thread. Although I am yet to start my first ship model in nearly 50 years, I was also on the lookout for a kit of these 4 funnel lend lease destroyers since my Grandad served on HMS Salisbury until its transfer to Canada.   Although the Atlantic models kit was listed until recently, it's no longer available.  I'm told if demand should increase he may mould some more, but for now, it's the Mirage/Airfix kit or second hand for the WEM/Atlantic models kit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1