Fw190/Ta152 STGB Chat

Marklo

8 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

the production line approach has some advantages, the main one for me being motivation

I attempted 16 me109s for the GB and while it had many advantages painting 32 ( and not mislaying) or 16 seats I found to be mind numbing :) and priming 16 planes in one session was actually physically hard.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2023 at 8:26 AM, Tim R-T-C said:

Yeah 13 simultaneous builds isn't as romantic as it sounds... 😏

spacer.png

1/144 only counts as 6 1/2 builds :tease:

AW

• Haha 4

On 12/01/2023 at 22:56, PhantomBigStu said:

Looks like the Eduard a-5 is sold out so I’ll have to build the hobbyboss again, as a consolation I will pick up and build the Tamiya a-3 from my local instead as well

Just been looking on the Hannants site, the Eduard FW 190A-5 is in stock, 20+ as the kit is now discontinued.

• Like 1

On 13/01/2023 at 12:10, FalkeEins said:

there's a poor view of the port side in a dump - D-11, WNr 220013, White Chevron ??, VFS-GdJ, 'Red 2', JV 44, found at Bad Aibling  (JV 44 crest is visible but no inscription). Didn't have the WNr for my Dora feature in the current issue of Aerojournal (No. 91)

Thanks for the information, that photo is reproduced in the book I mentioned by Jerry Crandall, FW 190D-9 Vol 2.

Of course all this research sparks interest in all aspects of Focke Wulf building and I've been stash mining to see what sparks my interest.  While I have my selection of short nose machines I also have a nice choice of long nose D-9's and a few D-11 and D-12's to build my JV 44 collection.  Lastly I have a couple of the end of the line machines, the Ta 152.  I have the original kit by Trimaster and after the moulds were taken over by Dragon they re-appeared in other boxings, I have one by Hasegawa.

IMG_2011

It's just so easy to get distracted. :winkgrin:

• Like 4

12 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Thanks though I’m a smaller scale builder, though and effort is appreciated 

No problem, I was looking on the big 'H' for some other items, I thought that my 1/48th A-5 box art had caught your eye. 

Given I've got this lot freshly arrived from Eduard, I should probably build one for this GB. I just need to decide which variant and markings

James

JcJUwnl.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, 81-er said:

Given I've got this lot freshly arrived from Eduard, I should probably build one for this GB. I just need to decide which variant and markings

James

JcJUwnl.jpg

Shhhh you best hide that lot before Enzo see’s it. Or he’s going to tell you to build them all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Marklo said:

Why stop at one?

14 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Shhhh you best hide that lot before Enzo see’s it. Or he’s going to tell you to build them all. 

Well, I'm starting with one. I might add another, but I don't want to commit to it just yet. I'm hopping to get some of the shelf of shame dealt with as well ;)

James

• Like 2

Wahoo only two more sleeps till the off.

My plan is to finish my two meteors ( both just need the third camo colour and decals) , the Aviatik, the Geest (upper wings, rigging and paintwork) and the Tornado (wheels , detail painting and a few more decals) over the next few days. (Hopefully) go shopping for more FWs and break open my two ( or more??) kits over the weekend.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

A791-EA06-5-D20-491-A-87-D7-51-A3167-E5-From the sublime to the ridiculous the worst kit and the best kit in the shop :) but in fairness the D was €6.99 how could I not buy it. The A3 is going to get converted into V1 :) 

And I think the Dora might end up as this.

A6-D68-F71-6081-4-D65-A7-B0-71-D059-A14-

And before everyone starts pointing me at all the V1 and Ta152 kits out there I’ll just say firstly I love the misery (Mrs Doyle) secondly I don’t have the budget for them and thirdly one of my New Year’s resolutions was to stop buying stuff off the internet ( plus kits have gotten very expensive online anyway)

• Like 3

I have finally decided what kit I will build for my second entry into this STGB, a late FW 190D-9 fitted with a Ta 152 tailplane. (part of my stash reduction program)

IMG_2014

As it's the ProfiPack kit the only AM required is some hollowed out exhaust stacks from Quickboost.

• Like 5

... today is the day when I can finally start massacring professionally building my horde collection of randomly carefully selected FW190's.

And start to work on proper colors!

Edited by Casey
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Morning gents, hope you're all good :) 

Here we are then, I was stricken with the Covid virus this week (even though I had all my jags) so this is the first morning since last Saturday where I've got up and not wanted to go straight back to bed :D Coincidence? Anyway, am good to go, I wish you all happy and successful builds B) 

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

so this is the first morning since last Saturday where I've got up and not wanted to go straight back to bed

Clearly it’s the GB calling :)

On which note, today is the day,   let’s rock !!!!or at least build Wurgers……

On 1/20/2023 at 3:51 PM, Marklo said:

The A3 is going to get converted into V1 :) 

And I think the Dora might end up as this.

..no way ! V1 was virtually a completely different aircraft. Could almost say the same about Dora/Ta 152....but good luck!