Fw190/Ta152 STGB Chat

Marklo

CBC3FD65-1B3E-411D-A8B6-90315557A7DF.jpg
I hope everyone is enjoying the GB so far. I’ve managed to get a bit of a production line going on my builds. I’m aiming to get them all into paint by the end of next week, here’s hoping.

I have to say the standard in the gallery is incredibly high I’m well impressed…

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 6

I was having a look at my Hasegawa 1/32 first tooling of the 190 and its all raised details, it's no surprise I did expect it but I'm curious why do you think the new tooling has very little detail? 

I've noticed this from other manufacturers too. When they release a new tool they move to recessed panel lines but skimp on the detail. 

6 hours ago, Walter said:

I've noticed this from other manufacturers too. When they release a new tool they move to recessed panel lines but skimp on the detail. 

Perhaps it’s done that way to give more of an illusion of it being a large thing viewed at a distance. One of my (many ?) modelling gripes is modelling something because you know it’s there rather than how it looks at scale. Things like flush rivet heads which you can see standing right beside the real thing but step back a few feet and they’re all but invisible.

• Like 2

So we’re approximately a third of the way through the build. More than sixty builds, (although I’m sorry to see that a few are in trouble; keep the heads up guys happens to the best of us) and thirteen finished builds all looking extremely sharp. 

And on a personal note I’m planning to get all four of my builds into paint this week, with an  early March finish. Hmm might be able to squeeze in another FW or two hmm….

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

That's my boy!  :thumbsup:

I’m getting my clutch replaced this week so since that’s going to put a large hole in the budget I may as well go shopping. It’ll also be an opportunity to run in the new clutch.

Although I’m also expecting my SQ-64 sequencer so that will probably take a bit if my time too.

Edited by Marklo

17 hours ago, Marklo said:

My new toy arrived…I may be gone for some time :) 

That is a weird looking airplane, and it is almost fully assembled. Nice raised details, but it misses decals, or at least some weathering.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Casey said:

That is a weird looking airplane

Yes but it has a surprisingly low coefficient of drag.

My other hobby ( since I’ve had to give up martial arts ownership Mig to my health) is you’ve probably guessed music. I now nearly have a killer low budget rig….

3 hours ago, Marklo said:

I now nearly have a killer low budget rig

It makes my recent purchase seem rather lame. Original Gunze decal solutions. Woo hoo! Now where are those Tamiya decals? Look out Eduard peely decals. I'm coming for ya. :wicked:

Old Gunze Decla Solutions

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, 81-er said:

What sort of noises do you make, Marklo?

Well I’m hoping to be rock/industrial. 

633021-D4-5-B5-D-440-D-9-FDB-E445-A9-A7-
This was my biggest purchase. I also have an NYS-1 and Volca Bass, Sample and FM. The SQ will allow me to get this ensemble going together and my Roland BR 600 will allow me to draw some serious track recording :). I’ll put my music anorak away now and get my modelling one back on :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Solid choice on the guitar there, @Marklo :) Industrial is something I've wanted to do for about 20 years, it's just never worked out when I've tried to get a project going (and coincidentally I happen to have stuck on a Nine Inch Nails t-shirt this morning).

Not that I've actually played any of them in years, but this is my collection:

1IdFCfb.jpg

James

• Like 3

Eighteen completed builds so far all to a very high standard. My four will have to go on hold for a little while as SWMBO is on a weeks holidays and a protracted paint session just isn’t on the cards.

BTW if anyone wants some miscellaneous FW190 spares including a 1/48 rear canopy and gear doors pm me. 

Sixty seven build threads, nineteen finished all to a wonderfully high standard and still nearly two months left I think it’s been a great GB so far.

Everytime I look through the gallery I keep thinking that they would look awesome on a single table at a show….

I should get my four done early in march, so I have time for a second go provided I can get a few kits. I have two paper projects I’d like to build.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Marklo said:

Sixty seven build threads, nineteen finished all to a wonderfully high standard and still nearly two months left I think it’s been a great GB so far.

It is and you should be happy, I feel bad I cant do more to help as co-host. Im usually too exhausted after my treatments and only get to view the threads late in the evening locally. Usually once Ive had a good rest. Friendly piece of advice don't ever get a Staph infection that requires chemo/infusions. I do not reccommend it. 😉

• Sad 6