Fw190/Ta152 STGB Chat

Marklo

...all that of course lead to me starting the build tonight :giggle:. Build thread to be opened tomorrow. The Drakens do need a few days rest so the paint cures properly (the 35FS is actually fully painted already). V-P

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Casey said:

Does being late on FW GB mean I am properly sabotaging the WW2 war effort?...

Well of course…

No seriously, this is a hobby and it’s about enjoying the build, so if you miss the deadline don’t sweat it, you can always post the results in the inspiration gallery anyway.

Edited by Marklo

Three of my five now in the gallery, hopefully up to the standard of the other entries. Focusing on my Sablatnig and my ling boat atm but chipping away at the last two FWs too.

278190-EA-93-D1-4-A08-8312-37942114-E292
This is where my afternoon went :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 5

Only 18 days left…..

My last build is primer ready, my plan is to get my Saab Drakken and possibly a mirage or two to the same stage then do a large primer run on the kit if them. Plus I’m feeling a bit naff at the moment so I’m not up for a lot of serious modelling :) 

Edited by Marklo

384-B15-D2-24-CF-4-B1-E-A2-D8-92407-FD3-

A beautiful spring morning. Me and the hound out for our morning constitutional in the forest just across the road from me. Sometimes we just don’t appreciate what we have.

Anyhoo two weeks from Sunday. Hoping to get primer on my last FW soon…

• Like 4

My builds are in the final furlong.  It's just amazing how much work the final touches take.  These models require installation of the guns, fitting the seats,  building and painting the canopies,  building and painting the airscrews.

It doesn't seem much but when there are seven of 'em, it takes a while.  That's all I have done all day. 

• Like 3

77 build threads ( one marked as abandoned)

30 finished builds

12 days left…..

So for the other 46 threads, really time to get the skates on. ( I’m looking at myself too :) )

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

I’m hoping to get my last FW done over the weekend too.

D6-B87-C04-9-AEF-423-F-B07-B-F78-C0-DA28

The only fly in the ointment being that my clear decal paper is still in the post. So this may be a paint mask not decal artwork :) 

I wouldn't say no. Looking after a poorly other half has me 170 miles away from the bench (but for the right reasons).

James

2 hours ago, Marklo said:

Hi all, having conferred with the management ( :) )we have decided to extend  the STGB by two weeks to the 7th of May.  So still plenty of time to get busy.

You've got to be kidding me!!  I've busted my ar.... rear to get my builds finished in time!!  Hmmmm, now, is there time for me to build another?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

You've got to be kidding me!!  I've busted my ar.... rear to get my builds finished in time!!  Hmmmm, now, is there time for me to build another?!

WWEMD? ;)

James

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

is there time for me to build another?!

Absolutely. TBH if I had another kit I’d do one too, I really did enjoy my builds, hmmm time for some shopping???

• Like 2