Fw190/Ta152 STGB Chat

Marklo

I always find it quite sad when a groupbuild enters its final stages.  We only have five weeks left on this one.

Four of my builds are basically complete...   all bar the shouting.  The other two will be entering the decalling phase tomorrow.   

It just seems a shame to waste the last five weeks.   I really fancied building a very late war D-9.  There were at least three D-9 aircraft that were completed with the Ta152 tail fin and they all had the odd camouflage that seemed to be incomplete.   I wonder if I can squeeze one final build in.

Gideon is giving me the evil eye as she thinks that my current workload of 25 projects is enough, but she hasn't yet forbidden it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Scary, isn't it? 

I should cocoa.  I'll have my work cut out to be finished in time, I reckon.  And to think I was planning a D-13 if I had enough "spare" time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

And to think I was planning a D-13 if I had enough "spare" time.

Five weeks is toms of time :) and I can vouch for my hobbyboss kit as a pretty straightforward build..

I’m still dithering as I have many other builds in WIP and a distinct shelf space issue…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Congratulations to all those  modellers who have presented their builds so far.

Couldn’t but agree great work so far.

73 build threads….

22 finished builds…

33 days left….

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 3

On 3/19/2023 at 6:25 PM, jackroadkill said:

I should cocoa.

Words to live by, indeed!

A package arrived yesterday, which happened to be my birthday, and included an overtrees version of the Eduard 1/48 A-5 "light".  While it would be miraculous if I completed a build before the end of the Group Build (or, indeed, at all), I'm having a hard time coming up with an adequate excuse not to play along.

• Like 5

On 21/03/2023 at 09:21, gingerbob said:

A package arrived yesterday, which happened to be my birthday, and included an overtrees version of the Eduard 1/48 A-5 "light".  While it would be miraculous if I completed a build before the end of the Group Build (or, indeed, at all), I'm having a hard time coming up with an adequate excuse not to play along.

No time like the present to build a present, it will only get pushed to the back in that little white box, go on, you know you want to. :wicked: 

• Like 1

CA7-E8-E1-F-0354-4581-98-AF-54-A1-AC3017My five, yes it’s definitely five FW190s are progressing well, might even get a coat of primer on the (other) A6 tomorrow. But I think I need to get moving on my Sablatnig and my Freidrichshaffen or I’ll miss the salty sea dog deadlines…

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Managed to finish three off today and progress the other two

Crikey, Marklo, are you actually human?!  I managed to look at mine and that was it!

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

are you actually human

As far as I know yes. But I am semi retired with a bit of time in my hands. I did also walk the dog, do the weekly shop, mow the grass and get my MC101 recording on my Zoom R16 today, if that makes any sense to the rest of you.

• Like 2