Fw190/Ta152 STGB Chat

Marklo

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thank you James, first of three surgeries tomorrow. Shouldn't be too bad as its supposed to be a local to remove infected materials. 

Best of luck, my friend.  I'll be thinking of you.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

Best of luck, my friend.  I'll be thinking of you.

11 hours ago, 81-er said:

Yes, very good luck with the surgeries, Dennis

James

11 hours ago, Marklo said:

Yes best of luck with the surgery. Dennis hope all goes well. 

Thank you everyone, Doc said I did pretty good on the 1st one. Im in recovery as Im writing this. 

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thank you everyone, Doc said I did pretty good on the 1st one. Im in recovery as Im writing this. 

That’s good to hear. 

The thought just crossed my mind, could we as a community do anything to raise a bit of money for cancer research, a sponsored Gb or the like?

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Marklo said:

That’s good to hear. 

The thought just crossed my mind, could we as a community do anything to raise a bit of money for cancer research, a sponsored Gb or the like?

Great idea If you can get an approval from the mods Im in. Ive lost four people to cancer in my life and hope that no one else goes. On a more personal note I don't have Cancer. My Chemo/infusions are for staph infections (flesh eating nasties). Somewhat common for diabetics. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I don't have Cancer. My Chemo/infusions are for staph infections (flesh eating nasties). Somewhat common for diabetics. 

My mistake when I heard Chemo I automatically thought cancer. If it’s any consolation I have ME and type 2 diabetes, neither life threatening but both life limiting and a total pain in the ….

Edited by Marklo
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Marklo said:

My mistake when I heard Chemo I automatically thought cancer. If it’s any consolation I have ME and type 2 diabetes, neither life threatening but both life limiting and a total pain in the ….

Sorry to hear this, sadly its a scourge on the planet. We should do better and be more vigilant about the health of all people. If you ever need to talk or complain Im here. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all hope you’re enjoying the GB.

Sprained my wrist a few days ago so I didn’t get near the bench over the last few days but I managed to get in an epic paint session today :)

BF8-EEEAE-4828-4-CA8-9-C64-31-DB867475-C

All four got to see a bit of action. Second/third camo colour in a few days time hopefully.

Now all things being equal I should get them finished within two weeks.  Possibly giving me about four weeks to squeeze on a final build or two.  Hmmmm

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

I would like to...:whistle:

Four of my builds are entering the final furlong.  I'm always encouraging people to build just one more waffer theen modelle, so I suppose I'd better practice what I preach.  Gideon doesn't seem too concerned if I start another FW 190A-8 tomorrow. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Marklo said:

Sixty nine build threads.

Twenty finished builds.

Forty nine days in/forty three left.

7 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

You know you want to...

With my modest couple coming to completion, a third would be really nice. Thoroughly enjoyable GB.

However, I have a build planned for the next GB (less than 2 weeks away) with a lot of resin sitting on the bench staring back at me. The box is strategically positioned to remind me "Thou shall complete all thy builds started". I think you can guess what it is. Good chance I'll need all the time available.

BM Fw190A-8 WIP50

I've had my holiday building lovely Eduard kits. Now it's time for sawing, cutting, shaving and possibly, a good bout of quiet cursing. 

Ray

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ray_W said:

Now it's time for sawing, cutting, shaving and possibly, a good bout of quiet cursing. 

What about the 190F-8, those resin bits are for an F-8. as for quiet cursing, it only has benefits if it's let out loud. :wtf:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Retired Bob said:

What about the 190F-8

I must be getting my F-8's confused. Never know, by April 23 I might have snuck in another. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 2:07 PM, Marklo said:

Forty nine days in/forty three left.

Oh dear, I had just popped in to say that I finally ordered an Eduard "A-5 light" this morning, while taking the real bait, but that I didn't know if I'd have time to stake a claim in this GB- but now I see that excuse isn't going to work...

• Haha 1

571-BFE26-0-F19-4762-AE88-754-D594-EA4-CProgress on all four builds. Pleased with the overall looks.

CB9-D9-A39-EB2-A-4-C91-8238-55802-AFD1-C

Even more progress. Wil comfortably finish all four be the end of next week if not sooner.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 4