Fw190/Ta152 STGB Chat

Marklo

57 minutes ago, FalkeEins said:

virtually a completely different aircraft.

Having compared it to plans. The fuselage aft of the firewall is good but it’ll need a new canopy the tail is the same and the wings are shorter, narrower and further aft and of course it’ll need a new nose. It all sorted in my head now I just need to transpose it to my reality :) 

54 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Having compared it to plans. The fuselage aft of the firewall is good but it’ll need a new canopy the tail is the same and the wings are shorter, narrower and further aft and of course it’ll need a new nose. It all sorted in my head now I just need to transpose it to my reality :) 

I believe the fin shape will need tweaking to provide a greater chord at the tip.  I don't think the nose will need much work - just fit the intake on the other side.

1 hour ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

I believe the fin shape will need tweaking to provide a greater chord at the tip.

Yes the leading edge of the vertical tail is closer to vertical on the TA it’s a conversion I’ve done twice before, in 1/48 th scale you can use the wings from a 1/72 kit for the extensions, I suppose I could use 1/144 kit in 1/72 ( might need to be 1/100), hmm might have one in the stash could make a resin copy hmm…

Edited by Marklo

Thirty three threads, were off to a great start. Tomorrow is my day to start butchering butcher birds, but I really want to finish my meteors and prototypes before I get into full swing on Wurgers and of course my Salty sea dog builds.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

Thirty six build threads which is great. I’ve even managed to get started despite my heating woes ( I think my compressor in my heat pump is seized and we have no heating while waiting for a contractor to get one in 😕 which might not be till next week) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hoping to get to my build eventually but too many health issues and Dr’s and distractions right now. 

Aw, mate, that's harsh.  Hope you're back in the game soon, my friend.

On 1/23/2023 at 5:36 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hoping to get to my build eventually but too many health issues and Dr’s and distractions right now. 

I hope you can get all of that sorted soon, Dennis

James

• Thanks 1

On 1/23/2023 at 5:36 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

but too many health issues and Dr’s and distractions right now. 

Well you know which is more important get well and maybe the model making might help you recuperate.

On a separate note forty seven build threads, a very healthy STGB I’m chuffed.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

Hi folk's the mourning period for the loss of my Dora build is over while digging the A's out a popped a look at Luke's  Airfix Aldi cheapie out,no sooner had the words "why don't

you build this for the FW 190 GB" when a slight issue was noticed!

IMG-20230128-WA0003

IMG-20230128-WA0004

Still a nice spare set of decal's in the box.

• Sad 6

2 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Battle damage.

Well actually short shots. Airfix will surely replace the affected parts…

Not sure Marklo,lord knows how long Aldi has had the stock but that battle damage remark gives me an idea!