Fw190/Ta152 STGB Chat

Marklo

@Marklo You can include me. Enzo's 2023 GB calendar works really well. I hesitated in signing up, but with a January start this one is good to go. Subject will be Eduard's 1/48 A-8/R2, most probably Oblt. Hans Weik's markings per Eduard's evocative box artwork. Not a colourful scheme but suitably mean for a Butcher Bird. 

BM FW-190 A8 WIP1

This kit 82145 was released in 2019, that should mean the decals are not Eduard decals. Let's hope so. If not I'll raid the decals for another option out of their earlier, and much more complicated build, kit 8175. 

Ray

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ray_W said:

This kit 82145 was released in 2019, that should mean the decals are not Eduard decals. Let's hope so. If not I'll raid the decals for another option out of their earlier, and much more complicated build, kit 8175.

I've just had a look at the instructions for your kit from Scalemates.   It looks like the new parts are the fuselage halves, engine and wing uppersurfaces.  That should make this kit far more fun to build than the ludicrously complicated earlier kits - of which I still have three in The Stash...!

:popcorn:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

ludicrously complicated earlier kits - of which I still have three in The Stash...!

I seem to have several of these, too...  I bought them when new to kit-ruining and found them on Ebay for what seemed like very low prices.  I now know why that was!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

That should make this kit far more fun to build than the ludicrously complicated earlier kits - of which I still have three in The Stash

Agree. The originals are fantastic kits if you want to display the engine. Otherwise? All I can say I was very happy when Eduard did a new tool series.

1 hour ago, jackroadkill said:

I seem to have several of these

There is a positive. If you build them all you will become expert in detailing BMW 801's and/or expert in how to close the panels up to get a reasonable build. I have mine sitting in the stash for that day when I feel crazy enough to build a 190 with the panels off. At this stage in life I think been there done that. But, I may be swinging back when you see all the resin I have to open up my Hasegawa F-8E for the Crusader STGB. So much for simplicity and on with the painting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VolkerR. said:

If you want to build the "old" version of the 1/48 Eduard kit with the engine open, you better use this:

https://www.scalemates.com/de/kits/eduard-48556-fw-190a-8--117537

Fortunately I still have one for my planned build. 🙂

You're a braver man than me, Volker!

• Like 3

@Marklo a question if I may I was thinking something along these lines. 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hobbyboss-81747-focke-wulf-190-v18--990970

Im curious if it must be built as a prototype or in this case could it be done as a Luft ‘46 subject ? If not the prototype would be fine its just a curious question. 

Prototypes would be fine as long as they flew. TBH I wouldn’t mind paper projects ( I was thinking of building one of the FW190 centrifugal compressor  jet projects) either just no blatant WHIF’s.

Oh and of course ‘Marks first rule of post pandemic shopping’ swung into action, went back to my local ALDI and not a single FW left plenty of everything else, sigh.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Prototypes would be fine as long as they flew. TBH I wouldn’t mind paper projects ( I was thinking of building one of the FW190 centrifugal compressor  jet projects) either just no blatant WHIF’s.

Oh and of course ‘Marks first rule of post pandemic shopping’ swung into action, went back to my local ALDI and not a single FW left plenty of everything else, sigh.

Ok it was just a curiosity Im fine with the prototypes. 

Hi Marklo,

Please count me in with a run of the mill 1/72 Revell FW 190 A-8.

Supposed to be a pretty good kit. It can't be worse than the 1/72 Airfix offering I am just finishing.

Cheers

JR

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jean said:

It can't be worse than the 1/72 Airfix offering I am just finishing.

Oh I quite liked the Airfix kit. It’s the Hungarian one in my first post.

Edited by Marklo

On 11/18/2022 at 3:18 PM, VolkerR. said:

I`d like to join.

I have got the old Eduard A-9 and the newer A-8 Weekend. I will build them both, one all buttoned up, the other with the engine exposed.

Apologies for missing this one @VolkerR. Of course you’re in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Eighty four.   I usually have a nap in the afternoon

Funny that, I was going to say the same as  owing to my ME :( I do too :) in fact I suspect there are times when I could hibernate..