Gloster Meteor F8 Força Aérea Brasileira

81-er

42 minutes ago, 81-er said:

my onward purchase hasn’t proceed yet, meaning I’m spending a few weeks with my parents.

Only thing worse than moving house is moving house twice! At least you get some family time, and great to see you back at it James. Those cockpits look just right, too.

Thanks Gerard :) It's nice spending some time with them, as they're both in their mid-70's now. It's also amusing at times, like my mum flapping the evening before one of my days working in the office this week because she'd suddenly realised she hadn't done my sandwiches. I told it was ok as I'd already done them, because I'm almost 42 🤣

James

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

The move is out of the way and the bench is setup:

b1lPQge.jpg

While there’s absolutely no hope of finishing them by the new deadline (too many things in real life eating into the 6 days left), the Meteors have started to hit the bench:

04t4eUt.jpg

I managed to shoehorn 20g of weight around the cockpit tubs:

o0udCaN.jpg

o0uogS2.jpg

And both the fuselages are now buttoned up:

qS6zXFf.jpg

I still need to glue the spine seam over the area the wings will fix to, as both fuselages are a little warped in that area. Should be an easy fix though.

I’ve also started Derwent mass production/painting:

AxVjoY1.jpg

I’ve decided to have both engine covers closed for these, so the engines will only get minimal detailing. I’ll save the open engine covers & most of the AM I’ve got for another build not trying to fit into a timescale.

James

• Like 5

Great to see your builds back on the bench James.

They are both looking really good mate so don't try and rush them for the deadline as you won't be happy with them yourself (the most important thing) and will feel the need to go out and source some replacements (not such a bad thing).

🇺🇦

• Like 1

Oh, I won't rush them. I'll also be sourcing a couple more kits at some point, there's many more Meteors I'd like to build

James

• Like 2