My 2nd Ducati Panigale 1199 built 1 year after the first one

Hello fellow hobbyists!

1 year passed since I started this hobby, and I decided to redo one of the first models I've ever built, the Tamiya Ducati Panigale 1199. I am an engineer as profession so I thought from the first moment I discovered this hobby that it will be the hobby of my life. 

I attached some pictures with the first one and the one I made now, guess which is the latest one!

I also made, as usual, a stop motion video with the whole build process, let me know what you think.

The kit quality is amazing as always with the Tamiya kits. I used Alclad paints for the metallic colors, and ZP red for the body. A mistake which I will correct soon is that I didn't drill the disk brakes or used any black wash in the holes.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers,

Raul

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 14

On 05/10/2022 at 09:39, keefr22 said:

Stunning Duke, absolutely beautiful paintwork!

Great video again too, although Mr Magician didn't seem to do much this time! (or was he working his magic offstage?! :) )

Top work!

Keith

Thanks a lot, Kieth. And well spotted, the Magician is taking a temporary break. I am take it out for the moment to try to decrease the "toy" feeling of the video. I am in the beginning with the channel so I am keeping experimenting, until I find the sweet spot for me and the viewers. Let's see what it will come next! 

On 05/10/2022 at 21:08, Stef N. said:

That is quality. Great modelling and video work. Top job.👏

Thank you Stef!

• Like 2

If this is one of your early models, I'm highly eager to see to your next ones. As you requested what I think, from a fellow engineer and 15-year-in-the-run bike builder, I'd say...

+ Polishing is already very good.

+ The metal shading in the engine is pretty much spot-on, correct shade depends on the lighting/preference anyway.

+ Shaving the wheel moulding line (very few actually do this)

- Drilling the brake discs, as you mentioned yourself

- Try to hide the screws any way possible (tamiya seems to love these even though they've been informed the hatred of these)

Definately I want to see more of your bike kits, I've seemingly gotten another competitor besides Gamblor...