Replenishment Underway: Tamiya 1/35 King Tiger (Production Turret)

I've been working on this one for quite a long time, in between a few others.  It's only my third Armour model, but thanks to watching as many YouTube videos as I could find, I'm pleased with how it has turned out.  It's also the first big diorama that I've finished, so I definitely learned a lot on this one.  It's the Tamiya kit, with Tamiya German armour crew and Tamiya ammo and fuel accessory kits.  I upgraded the kit with Eduard photoetch, which I'm still learning but getting better at.  Weathering with Abteilung oils and Ammo pigments, and most of the scenery is just standard insulation foam coerced into submission thanks to the aforementioned YouTube videos (many, many thanks to Uncle Night Shift!).  I think my favourite tiny detail is still the one casing that Werner "lawn-darted" into the turf.

SyGlUV7.jpg

T8UFMes.jpg

UimMeV4.jpg

z6ne2Ti.jpg

LPIMvEW.jpg

p5iRGAf.jpg

TDvHNsM.jpg

7JvySuV.jpg

iDuntI1.jpg

jZa3fgX.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

All the above comments + bells!

Terrific work: particularly like the weathering but it doesn't seem fair to single out one aspect as the whole goes together so well.:goodjob:

Thanks so much everyone for the kind words!  This was my first big diorama, and there were a lot of firsts in it.  I had never done cobbles or brickwork before, and a lot of the detailing and weathering on the tank itself was entirely new to me.  The whole thing took me a year to finish, but that was interspersed with a bunch of other models.  I tend to work on a half-dozen at a time.  I think I might be crazy...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...