***finished***Stus meteors

PhantomBigStu

• 1 month later...

It's coming on well, Stu, and nice rack (insert Sid James laugh here). Good to see I'm not the only one who labels the top of their paint

James

• Like 1

Load more progress, seething with myself, discovered the MPM F8 I purchased a year ago actually has the FR9 nose parts in it so I was a complete tool for buying the aeroclub conversion......to be fair they don't show on the instructions, but If id actually looked in the box before today I would have seen them.......

076-D1-EB9-22-EA-4-A37-B2-E6-F294-A2-EEC

• Like 2

As I ordered the decals and paint last night decided to start on the f8 repaint this morn, starting with the underside as that I do have the paint for and it’s the worst part of the model, can’t remember why as it was a long time ago but had to separate the wing fuselage left some scarring. 03252-D74-A771-409-B-83-A1-F81-E1-D3059-

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 5

Wasn't happy with the underside so did a bit more and now the underside is done and given a protective gloss coat, now onto the upper, as per my post in the chat, the brown I ordered, vallejo 983 isn't coming, the two browns I'm pciking between in the image are vallejo 873(right) and humbrol 29(left), though I can order 983 via amazon prime. Also sanded the wingtips on the 9 properly, apparntly the elevator tabs are there just more restrained on the matchbox kit  :edit also discovered I can,t do the one I wanted to do as it has the smaller nacelles so I’ll have to do the  other camoed one from the mpm kit with dayglo orange nacelles….. having just had a negative experience with dayglo on another build I’m absolutely thrilled th?id=OIP.gBm4Yj1RD3AF1YFdwoLUJgAAAA&pid4-ED64811-5-A69-4-B47-AAF3-28-A45-F056-D

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Fortunately issues are sorted as I had brought the wrong dayglo so the fact the paint was unusable was merely an annoyance as the correct dayglo could have been in a paint order I’d made hours earlier….now just concerned the different one I’ll have to get now will have issues….also painted a coat of brown on the meteor….just noticed it was neither the two id selected on the sample wing earlier, see how it looks come daylight….

• Like 1

Only thing left is the canon and nose fairing scratching, decal ready otherwise, not gone with the orange nacelles as I found with some spares box serials and code letter (thanks to a current build in the RFI) I can do the 8sqn option without the day glo.  Will go to one side and work on the F8 now. 5-CD8-AC6-F-85-F7-4084-988-E-7-A9-D0-ADA

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Both look good Stu, you always seem to have several models on the go. Any idea how many you have finished in your collection ? 

I've no real idea, somewhere north of 200 I can say for definite, and I think not past the 300 mark yet though less sure of that, though many of them have long been scrapped. Cheers, hope to get the canopy on the f8, had to use the spare from the mpm kit so I do get to build it it will have to be the framed version

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Not decal ready yet, got to touch up the underside, the black side panels and the white and black bits were a pain to do also made the decision I won’t be definitely starting the mpm kit  had enough meteors for the foreseeable future0-D353-EC4-6587-47-B0-A50-B-031349-F152-

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 3