Matchbox Meteor in Israeli markings - Finished

Marklo

Well everyone seems to be going for the blue and grey so I may go for the sand and green one.

I just realised this will be my third IAF build and I’ll have built a Mustang a Mezec and a Meteor, odd coincidence :)

C033-DF6-D-82-B4-4-CE5-98-C6-A367-D7-ED3

0734-D15-A-EBCC-4213-815-C-E5-EA257-DEF6

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 3

By the way I haven't forgotten about the photo’s just been busy. Look for them over the weekend. The photo I have of the 199 very likely could be Green/Sand, its hard to tell with B&W photo’s. Its definitely two toned though. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Look for them over the weekend

That’s fine, I won’t start any building till the 15th anyway. I’m still trying to clear as much a if my WIP as possible first, so the two Fokker, the Taube, the F5B and the Geest are all on the bench atm (I really do need to do a tidy up !!)

• Like 1

6-B7-AF6-DF-0-D9-C-400-A-8-BC9-A7-E2-BCDOk we’re 3 hours off the official start of the GB and technically it’s already the 15th somewhere; and I’m a major component down; so (also technically) my build is in the negative percentages, so wood has been cut, carved and sanded.

So in fact I’m not even invoking the 25% rule I’m actually approaching 0% :)

May go molding tomorrow but I have an F5B to finish and more importantly a sick cat that may need to go to the vet :( 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

18 minutes ago, Marklo said:

6-B7-AF6-DF-0-D9-C-400-A-8-BC9-A7-E2-BCDOk we’re 3 hours off the official start of the GB and technically it’s already the 15th somewhere; and I’m a major component down; so (also technically) my build is in the negative percentages, so wood has been cut, carved and sanded.

So in fact I’m not even invoking the 25% rule I’m actually approaching 0% :)

May go molding tomorrow but I have an F5B to finish and more importantly a sick cat that may need to go to the vet :( 

Its too bad we don't live closer, Ive two unfinished builds purchased as unfinished projects. I could have given you all the bits you need. Though by molding as one piece you will solve the roughness  of all the joins. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

How's the cat?

Hard to say. Coaxing him to eat which is a big improvement but still just not himself. He had eight teeth removed about three weeks ago and hasn’t been great since. I’m hoping it’s just a long convalescence. He’s had blood tests and nothings shown so it’s possibly just down to a bit of tlc and patience 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Marklo said:

C93-BA1-B3-C3-B4-4035-A3-E0-2191-E8-DF01After a round of filling and sanding, still a bit to go. Hopefully I’ve added the correct tail.

Is it straight diagonal or does it sweep out to meet the radar bullet ? The pictures of the Israeli NF’s show straight/diagonal leading edge on the vertical surfaces with no sweep out. 

40 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Is it straight diagonal or does it sweep out to meet the radar bullet ? The pictures of the Israeli NF’s show straight/diagonal leading edge on the vertical surfaces with no sweep out. 

Edited by Marklo

2 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Having spent a good half hour looking at  your photos and searching the internet I chose the straight bullet not the sweeping faired in one.

If you need more info or an opinion/thoughts on anything please ask. I may not be modeling currently but am free to talk, research, or confirm info ? 

• Thanks 1