Lego Razor Crest

I appreciate it’s not real modelling but some of you may be interested

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/the-razor-crest-75331?cmp=emc-c=PROMO-eid=9621-d=10/4/2022-n=202210_WK40_NEWSLETTER_TEST-jid=93131-s=NEWS-t=MIX-a=ACTIVE-tst=Variant_B_10178&j=93131&sfmc_sub=6093916&l=259_HTML&u=9020437&mid=510004361&jb=1439

Looks like a nice model, I’d certainly like one, but not at that price I’m afraid.

Cheers,

Nigel

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SMD70 said:

I picked up the new version of the Galaxy Explorer the other week.

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/galaxy-explorer-10497

Had the original version when i was a nipper and loved it. Sold that and the rest of my Lego Space sets a good few years back on ebay for a decent price. Really wish i had kept it all now though ☹

Regards,

Steve

• Sad 1

I saw that the other day in the VIP email, and thought it looked cool, but it's an expensive kit that's been launched at a tricky time for a lot of people.  I hope it sells well, but I won't be getting one unless my finances improve lottery-style, as there are a lot of things in the queue begging for my money before the Razorcrest. :shrug:

I've just had a sudden thought which will solve the problem of how to make a cheaper Razor Crest than that specially-designed £520 kit: why not build yourself a Razor Crest out of previously-used Lego pieces? Apparently the original purpose of Lego was to reuse the building bricks! Who knew?Lego's progenitor Ole Kirk Christiansen was gradually inspired to explore and pursue the concept of reusable building bricks - which is why today we have space travelling plastic bricks, in this galaxy not far away. That Dane sure made his mark.