Moebius Orion Space Clipper from 2001: A Space Odyssey

I've had this kit in the stash for years but some inspiration back in August led me to pick it up from the stash and start building.

DSC_6780.JPG?m=1664723094

Funny thing was, a week into the build and an email arrived to tell me that my pre-order for the Moebius Aries 1B, the moon shuttle from 2001 was ready! See that being build in another thread here: 

I decided to add some basic lighting to this, just a single red LED for the cockpit and a white one for the passenger compartment. I hid the batteries in the base and added wires up the stand to pins that connect to the model

DSC_6783.JPG?m=1664723097

DSC_6784.JPG?m=1664723096

DSC_6785.JPG?m=1664723097

I had previously ordered a set of Pan Am decals from somewhere since they don't come with the kit as the people who now own the Pan Am logo want excessive fees for its use! Anyway after some serious filling and sanding to fix the joint between the two sides of the fuselage, this was the end result:

DSC_6810.JPG?m=1664723104

DSC_6811.JPG?m=1664723105

DSC_6812.JPG?m=1664723107

The panel decals really make it work now and I was very pleased with the result. Cue the Blue Danube...

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Nice result!

I used to have one of these on my desk at work, but it got trashed when the office flooded one day---people were moving out the computer and books, and in the rush the model ended up on the floor with a boot on it. I have a replacement in my stash, but still haven't got around to working on it.

• Like 3

Cracking job Kallisti, well done. Just seen the pre order for the 1/72 version, umm arghh.

Look forward to seeing your Aries 1B, build. Ive aquired the smaller stargazer one, crikey i didnt realize how small, til it turned up LOL

All the best Chris