1/48 -Mil Mi-8MT/Mi-17 Hip H by Zvezda announced

ABeck

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2022 at 9:32 PM, Thomas V. said:

Their Su-25 is absolute bestseller, Mi-24 family big flop, Zvezda is still being normally imported by their EU distributor Hobby Pro from Graz, but sales have been down since Russian agression.

Why is the -24 a big flop?

Rivets?

Lack of something else?

The aftermarket seems to have embraced it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bozothenutter said:

Why is the -24 a big flop?

Rivets?

Lack of something else?

The aftermarket seems to have embraced it.

Thomas V probably bought a controlling stake in the Zvezda company and has access to the accounting reports on the sales of each model.

• Haha 5

Re: Mi-24  - I think, they can put somebody on the task, with a very small drill bit and at least do plenty of dents in the mold.

That will end up as a "rivet heads", so easy to do. Sorry for OOT.

Trumpy's Mi end up as a "one shot" version for Afghanistan. Who (or -how many) cares?

This chopper have /had so many users, options, markings etc, that any "smart thinking" producer should made it long time ago.

Well, Spit, Me, FW, P-this, or that still embedded in deciders minds.

I just hope, that Zwezda will go for a "basic", then add bits to whatever version they box.

And do sets of "add-ons", someone can mix & match to his/her's heart content.

My rant is over, thanks for reading it. And you were right to click out of it😄

zig

• Like 3

On 11/19/2022 at 3:05 AM, zigster said:

Re: Mi-24  - I think, they can put somebody on the task, with a very small drill bit and at least do plenty of dents in the mold.

That will end up as a "rivet heads", so easy to do. Sorry for OOT.

Trumpy's Mi end up as a "one shot" version for Afghanistan. Who (or -how many) cares?

This chopper have /had so many users, options, markings etc, that any "smart thinking" producer should made it long time ago.

Well, Spit, Me, FW, P-this, or that still embedded in deciders minds.

I just hope, that Zwezda will go for a "basic", then add bits to whatever version they box.

And do sets of "add-ons", someone can mix & match to his/her's heart content.

My rant is over, thanks for reading it. And you were right to click out of it😄

zig

I absolutely agree.
Hobby Boss did the same in 1/72.
They give us a box of Mi-24 and give a Mi-17 in two boxes with different decals. There is much more possibilities for the Mi-24, as Zvezda already captured some, and even more for the Mi-8 family. Realy close to endless options. (Hungary alone had aprox 8 versions/variant of Mi-8 and Mi-17... )
So I hope Zvezda will grab this opportunity and makes a lot of different versions, and maybe scale it down to 1/72. :)
Just imagine the possible dioramas in 1/48 with open cargo bay. ;)

• Like 3

Well, on ARC, a guy, who knows quite a lot about Russian made hardware, showed some "off" bits, comparing to their "of the photo" box art.

For my eye, I'm waiting to see that Czech/AMT production. It seems to be most accommodating for all users of this helicopter.

And I think, they have spent plenty of time to make 3D's right.

Z