Spot of the Day Part 6

bentwaters81tfw

Cracking pics Chris some lovely cars there, I wouldn't say no to any of them!

7 hours ago, Farmer matt said:

I had an Avenger, the one thing it certainly wasn't was Super.

Mine was - it was a Tiger  :) 

In Wardance Red, like this beauty;

IMG_3367.jpg

Wish I still had it!

Keith

• Like 12

3 hours ago, keefr22 said:

IMG_3367.jpg

Wish I still had it!

Keith

Now that looks lovely Keith, 

Chris

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 8:58 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

One of our local car clubs pitched up at the museum today.

3 early notchback Mustangs, a Mk 3 E Type, A Mk III Zodiac, several proper Minis including a cooper, but for me the star was a 1957 Plymouth Belevedere like this

18d3vazwjzmn1jpg.jpg

That is automotive beauty (shame she isn't red and white)....

• Like 1

The regular Sunday drive out along the Dorking Road usually brings some good spots, this week was no exception with a Porsche 924 in pale metallic blue on a D- being a highlight, along with a whole line of modern Ferrari /Porsche/ Lotus of various flavours parked up in Buckland.

Today somewhat less exotic, but one of only around 100 left apparently (and thankfully) a white Citroen Dyane on a T -suffix. Why would you want such a thing? Its basically only a 2CV with a less comical body. 

Matt

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, keefr22 said:

IMG_3367.jpg

Wish I still had it!

Keith

That's grrrrrreat ;)

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

I don't usually like things like that Morgans/Caterhams etc but that one looks gorgeous in that colour...

I was just thinking that I don't usually like silver cars, but it looks great on that one!

Keith

• Like 3

So excited I did a full circuit of Reigate's lovely one way system to make sure of what I had glimpsed parked at the roadside. How sad is that. Anyway, BMW E3 2500 on a K-suffix, couldn't tell you the colour as it was too dark to be sure even with a second look, but possibly bronze. 

Matt

• Like 6

Came across this on an industrial estate in Ipswich the other day, I believe there quite rare beast these days.

p?i=281eca283d8d52f4c870583f7efc7e22

No idea what this is, working in a laboratory just outside Stowmarket and just happened to look out the window to see this pull up, I think the driver was delivering something!

p?i=e73b14e7e9c0fbddd68dbab4ce563f0c

Finally this was parked up at Lotus,  its a Moto (I only know this because it's written on the side).  Can't find much on Google,  but I believe its a one off built in a shed.  If this is true very impressed with the build quality. 

p?i=7173b68b2d8c3b8c5deb7ef5231d3ace

Andy

• Like 12

Accelerated down a highway on-ramp behind a pretty silver McLaren 570S yesterday. No, my turbocharged MX-5 couldn't keep up! 😂 

Also, I've been seeing this Bricklin driving around town over the last couple of weeks and saw it again Wednesday. Turns out, it's up for sale on Bring-A-Trailer. I think I posted this pic in the previous thread.

spacer.png

Ben

• Like 5

Saw a Triumph Spitfire Mark I parked outside the local pub yesterday.

Bright yellow, Minilites, and a large bonnet bulge.

Management was driving and she doesn't like it when I ogle other cars (she has a 2004 Mini with full race suspension and exhaust, and some other questionably legal bits) so we didn't stop to take a photo!

• Like 3

How's this for a once commonplace rarity- Peugeot 405 estate, in white on what looked like personal plates. The first car I bought brand new was a red saloon, I got eight years out of it and probably would have got a few more if I had actually looked after it. I would never have dreamt of around 30 though.

• Like 3