Spot of the Day Part 6

bentwaters81tfw

16 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Hmmm - I like the car, but not the 'decoration'...!! 🤣

Keith

16 hours ago, Neddy said:

Ditto, those embellishments are about as appropriate as an ashtray in an AC Cobra.  :crosseyed:

Fair enough, so what about this fine piece of south German engineering? 

sCTbaYq.jpg

• Like 6

On the final stages of my commute into the suburbs of Nottingham this morning, I overtook what looked like a classic Fiat 500, but with an estate style body.

Turns out it's a Fiat 500 "Giardiniera"

• Like 5

@Vince1159 might appreciate todays lunchtime spot on the A25 in Reigate.

Citroen 2CV6 Special Dolly in cream and grey with cream fabric roof, on a C- prefix. With a tow hook which seems ambitious. Nearly got a closer look than intended as he cut me up quite severely to get to a parking space.

Bizarrely then,within a mile out of town, a black Traction Avant came the other way. 

Matt

• Like 4

A couple of interesting cars spotted in Sleaford today.  A Jaguar XJS in dark green, which looked very tidy and a bit later, a Vauxhall Monaro, something I'd never seen before.

Trevor

• Like 3

A couple of weeks ago in heavy rain I saw an Austin A60 Cambridge Southbound out of Boston on the A16.

Yesterday in Ramsey (Cambs) I saw the Riley or Wolseley version looking very nice in two tone grey.

An hour later in Ramsey, a Morris 1000 Traveler in very shiny black. It seems they like classics out there.

Today in Lincoln a white G reg Ford Corsair. Not all classics get tucked away for the Winter, it seems.

• Like 2

Anti Pesto van with added windows.

Complete with patina, and better a keeping water out than the A40 Farina I posted a while back!

Apparently there are 1778 roadworthy A35's in UK today - who knew there were so many?

IMG-7911.jpg
IMG-7912.jpg

Malc.

• Like 9

Fairly eclectic mix over the last couple of weeks, these two were outside a body workshop in Great Yarmouth 

p?i=4156acc716604fb4899391ad5b8f566b

This was chained up outside Ipswich Hospital,  but who would nick it 😅🤣

p?i=1318b986b617119cc139bced408c9858

On an industrial estate in Ipswich.  Obviously a kit, but very well put together,  however no idea whether there's a V8 heart or a Ford pinto.

p?i=181144f26574e6619909657755760a1f

Not very exciting,  however can't remember the last 323 I've seen and this looked a daily driver.  Its outside a factory that makes electronic monitoring systems for F1 cars.

p?i=bb920583a63cc29bd60f31d78fe8678f

• Like 10

A frost covered MGB I pass regularly when out walking the dog. 

PXL_20230116_124752761-L.jpg

I'm not sure if they use it as a daily car which in Toronto, would be a bad idea with all the salt on the roads in winter. 

• Like 7

On 1/15/2023 at 7:09 PM, Toftdale said:

Fairly eclectic mix over the last couple of weeks, these two were outside a body workshop in Great Yarmouth 

p?i=4156acc716604fb4899391ad5b8f566b

This was chained up outside Ipswich Hospital,  but who would nick it 😅🤣

p?i=1318b986b617119cc139bced408c9858

On an industrial estate in Ipswich.  Obviously a kit, but very well put together,  however no idea whether there's a V8 heart or a Ford pinto.

p?i=181144f26574e6619909657755760a1f

Not very exciting,  however can't remember the last 323 I've seen and this looked a daily driver.  Its outside a factory that makes electronic monitoring systems for F1 cars.

p?i=bb920583a63cc29bd60f31d78fe8678f

Many years ago I nearly had a little Mazda 323 as a company car but the small engine version didn't have electric windows in the rear doors and the bigger engined version (with electric windows) had a very heavy drinking problem with petrol - so I went for a rare Honda Civic Saloon with a 1.5 VTEC engine that sipped petrol but went like the proverbial **** off a shovel if you floored it.   (I do have a MK1 MX5 tucked up in the grage to make up for it though).  I often wonder if I would have enjoyed the 323 but to be honest the Civic was a real Q car and great fun 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic_(sixth_generation)#/media/File:96-98_Honda_Civic_LX_sedan.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kitkent said:

Yes! This is definitely the car that lives round the corner from me shown previously. It’s quite long for our streets…….

5.7 m long

2.02 m wide

came with a 6.6 litre V-8 producing … 166 bhp at 3800 at 3800 rpm

Combined fuel economy was 14 mpg (based on US gallons)

There was an optional 7.5 litre V-8 that produced 365 bhp and resulted in a combined fuel economy of 11 miles per US gallon. In fairness, gasoline was really cheap in 1970 in the USA.

• Like 2

On 12/22/2022 at 11:26 AM, stevehnz said:

I was heading out to see an elderly friend yesterday & passed three cars which looked noteworthy going the other way. Seeing as I can only remember one rego plate at a time. :( it was pointless trying to id them, the first looked like a Model A Doctors coupe, the next, a convertible, was definitely a puzzle to me, front on a bit like an AC Ace but without the lattice grill, horizontal slats but similar grill shape, & then what looked like a Model T roadster. Christmas traffic at it's worst & I couldn't give more than a glimpse to the latter so a bit unsure on that. Not the time of year for a happening so maybe just coincidence they were so close together (within about 3 minutes) & heading the same way.

Steve.

Yet another Wednesday & on my way to my mates place & I saw two out of three of these again, obviously a Wednesday thing but every one or 3rd of the month kind of thing, anyway, I got a better look at my unidentified number from December & can now identify it as an Austin A40 Sports, a lot like this one, but with the top down on a fine & too flipping hot day. :)

Steve.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Yest another Wednesday & on my way to my mates place & I saw two out of three of these again, obviously a Wednesday thing but every one or 3rd of the month kind of thing, anyway, I got a better look at my unidentified number from December & can now identify it as an Austin A40 Sports, a lot like this one, but with the top down on a fine & too flipping hot day. :)

Steve.

I like those: we get them in the UK every so often. A bit like the smaller cousin of the Jensen Interceptor (I assume the A40 Sports had a design link with the Jensen?)

EDIT: I just googled it: the A40 Sports body was made by Jensen and the Jensen Interceptor used an Austin A70 chassis. So that explains why they look similar.

Edited by Sabrejet
  • Like 3