Spot of the Day Part 6

bentwaters81tfw

8 minutes ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Actually those 2.0L 300-series cars were funny to drive. Bit an experience in winter, 100kg extra weight in rear would have helped.

Steering and brakes that worked would have been handy!  Our 360GLT was a rocket ship for the day, but any point to point timings were ruined by needing to back off to walking speed for any corners.  Plus the nagging doubt you were on its third brake master cylinder in under 3 years!  When taking it in for the pan-UK recall on this my dad ordered the stealer to reimburse the whole bill for the earlier replacement!

• Like 2

We are in New Mexico until Thursday - and still seeing interesting stuff.

Driving to have lunch with some friends, we saw a yellow 2021 Corvette (I think the driver must have been very frustrated because we were in a heavily-enforced 25-miles-per-hour zone) and a white 1961 Ford Thunderbird. Then we saw this Audi s5 in the restaurant parking lot.

IMG-1075.JPG?width=590&height=590&fit=bo

Just around the corner was this Jeep Gladiator pickup.

IMG-1076.JPG?width=590&height=590&fit=bo

Finally, we spotted this - I don't know what is is, so some expert on the site will need to identify.

IMG-1066.JPG?width=590&height=590&fit=bo

Maurice

• Like 7

16 hours ago, mdesaxe said:

Finally, we spotted this - I don't know what is is, so some expert on the site will need to identify.

IMG-1066.JPG?width=590&height=590&fit=bo

Maurice

'41-'48 Ford coupe, but going by the vertical tail light, I'd say 1941.

BTW, the '55 Chevy wagon in the previous post is a Handyman, not a Nomad.  😉

Edited by Six97s
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We're flying back to France tomorrow - and it seems that Border Force at Heathrow have decided to do us a service and put of striking until Friday.

Saw this one this morning. It might be a Pontiac but I'm no expert, so I'm sure someone will tell me.

IMG-1079.JPG?width=590&height=590&fit=bo

Maurice

• Like 4

I was heading out to see an elderly friend yesterday & passed three cars which looked noteworthy going the other way. Seeing as I can only remember one rego plate at a time. :( it was pointless trying to id them, the first looked like a Model A Doctors coupe, the next, a convertible, was definitely a puzzle to me, front on a bit like an AC Ace but without the lattice grill, horizontal slats but similar grill shape, & then what looked like a Model T roadster. Christmas traffic at it's worst & I couldn't give more than a glimpse to the latter so a bit unsure on that. Not the time of year for a happening so maybe just coincidence they were so close together (within about 3 minutes) & heading the same way.

Steve.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, mdesaxe said:

We're flying back to France tomorrow - and it seems that Border Force at Heathrow have decided to do us a service and put of striking until Friday.

Saw this one this morning. It might be a Pontiac but I'm no expert, so I'm sure someone will tell me.

IMG-1079.JPG?width=590&height=590&fit=bo

Maurice

1950 Chevy Fleetline. 🙂

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, malpaso said:

Hard to be sure but looks like that Moggy has widened rim on the front and not the rear?

It does indeed.  Given how tail happy Minor vans are when unladen, adding wider wheels & tyres at the front is an interesting idea...   The TÜV are pretty strict,  so probably  (hopefully!) just the spare, as a wider spare wheel won't fit into the mounting brackets.

Edited by Paul H
  • Like 2

A few spots from today, but no decent pics (doh...) when I went with my uncle in his MGA to the annual New Year classic car meet that we have been to every year for ages.  Turns out that this year, the pub was closed, and only four other cars were there.  Present were a '63 Mini, another MGA (a 1600 Mk2, compared to uncle's 1600 Mk1), a '63 AH Sprite Mk2 HAN7, and a '64 Aston Martin DB5 convertible.  The latter was in very well used condition (which I love with classic cars), and the owner had clearly had and enjoyed it for a long time 😎  Despite the lack of the expected meet (it is usually very busy!), it was still a very pleasant run out in the country lanes.

• Like 6

Over the long weekend, I saw a brand new mid-engine Corvette and a Russet Brown T-reg Allegro.  The latter looked immaculate and was pooh-sitively glowing in the bank holiday sunshine!

In these days of ridiculo-SUVs the C8 looked positively svelte; I remember when a Vette looked like a whale amongst minnows on UK roads; now it looks normal sized.

• Like 3