Spot of the Day Part 6

bentwaters81tfw

On 07/11/2022 at 19:58, klubman01 said:

Spotted today at Cambridge Services.

spacer.png

A 1952 Singer tractor.

Trevor

Don't touch a thing! That is awesome - never seen one of those. It looks utilitarian and Soviet, not made in Coventry.

• Like 2

NEC Classic car show set up day yesterday, my favourite was seeing Jones' Van:-

Up two three, out two three, bang two three!

IMG-7742.jpg

Gilbern GT
IMG-7723.jpg

Maserati Sebring
IMG-7732.jpg

No prizes for getting this one.......
IMG-7735.jpg

Malc.

Edited by Malc2
  • Like 17

50 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

There's two green ones - if you two want that unreliable Italian thing, I'll have the lovely Welsh Gilbern....!! :)

Keith

Keith, you don‘t have to say unreliable Italian, italian will do 😉 

BUT, when the time comes when only rich people can afford driving petrol cars on sustainable fuel, and the rest of us will be demoted to electric city cars 🙄, the italian green will look better in my garden pavillion 😎

• Haha 1

Just managed to deploy my phone camera on a SUPERB original MGB with the hood down, before the lights changed. 

Afraid the focus function was asleep or confused.... or just plain inadequate 

IMG_20221113_171310

IMG_20221113_171311

Everything about it is just right, sounded sweet as a nut. 

My Dad had one for some years, I got to drive it a few times. Love it...... 

• Like 6

A few of my highlights from the Classic Motor Show at the NEC this weekend.

y4mdxUrhCyVt7yjDbCKSoL7cMbZEhUeHDI87llgQ

This Maserati 4CS had an interesting history including competing in the Mille Miglia and being exported to Singapore just before the Japanese invaded.

y4m3rSz3V3shHY4Jsyw0EcypLlYuVFfLMJnTTTHP

If you prefer your classics wedge-shaped, there's the Lancia Stratos Zero concept car.

y4m47B7mXukw72aD2Igr5-5QATVXD5z94n_zFZK4

The Alfa Romeo 2600 Sprint coupé is more to my taste, especially in this colour.

y4mSl9Sz8M_VcLVOuYvpynik0HHdh-doDmJyxQ2X

Patena lovers would appreciate this Jaguar XK120.

y4mslf_xJ6Cukg48_heKQ7kpuF3I58hv6LeqnPwe

Finally, I got to drive this 1990 Lancia Delta Integrale, a lovely car.

• Like 15

Lovely cars. So jealous of you driving the Delta Integrale!  One of my all-time favourites.

On my way to Kent today I saw what appeared to be an Edsel on a trailer heading north on the A1 near Water Newton.

Trevor

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

a SUPERB original MGB

Was it by any chance a light beige colour? Last time we visited daughter and family in Hampshire there was a beige one on a D plate parked in Alresford that was absolutely immaculate and had the shiniest chrome wire wheels I'd ever seen! It was gorgeous!

Keith

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, klubman01 said:

Lovely cars. So jealous of you driving the Delta Integrale!  One of my all-time favourites.

Trevor

I was a bit nervous that it wouldn't live up to expectations, thankfully it did.  I just wish I could have taken it home (much as I love the Martini scheme that would have to go too).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Was it by any chance a light beige colour?

Hard one to call, Keefr, being dark already and under street lights. Looked white or cream/white but street lights play wierd games. Seemed to match the passenger's woollen hat though! 

I'll keep a lookout for it again in daylight 

• Like 1

Did a big one last weekend. Porsche Indonesia held a launch event for destination charging point in my hometown as the first ever destination charging point in Indonesia, and Lamborghini Club Indonesia held a touring to my town. All happened from Friday to Sunday.
IMG-6616.jpgFirst up, this gorgeous 964 Targa in Deep Blue Metallic. That new Panamera 4S e-Hybrid basically dwarfed the tiny 911.

IMG-6635.jpgI am a luddite but I got to admit if I have the money to buy an EV it would be the Taycan. All the cars Porsche Indonesia brought are customer cars barring one, as a proof of concept that you can do a 250-mile round trip in a Taycan without having to worry about topping it up again. Also, Gentian Blue Metallic is one of the best modern colour in Porsche line-up.

IMG-6812.jpg

Saturday is a Lamborghini kind of day, so I went up the mountain with my friend on a moped to capture the Lamborghini convoy on their way to a mountain restaurant. I had a personal experience with this Huracan Performante Spyder, since I once reviewed it for my channel.

IMG-6815.jpg

First time seeing a Huracan EVO AWD in this bright shade of Arancio Xanto. It's an eye-popping colour, to say the least.
IMG-6825.jpg

Then, being a mountain weather, the heaven's opened and I hastily donned my raincoat so as not to miss the Grigio Telesto Aventador SVJ Roadster. Probably one of the more often-used Aventador SVJ in Indonesia.

IMG-6835.jpg

Yes, this is just a normal Arancio Atlas Aventador with DMC rear wing, but the owner decided it would be a good idea to stick an actual, gigantic teddy bear on the wing. No I am not joking, this Aventador got teddy bear on it. And no I don't get it either.

After all of this I basically collapsed on Sunday night and couldn't make it to the office yesterday. Felt better today but still need a bit more rest.

• Like 8

On 11/14/2022 at 7:03 AM, johnlambert said:

The Alfa Romeo 2600 Sprint coupé is more to my taste, especially in this colour.

Not so sure about the colour. Mine (bought in 1979) was Rosso Alfa and I much preferred that. It always struck me as strange that the used 2600 Sprints were cheap at the time (I think mine cost me less than ₤1,500) while 2000 Sprints were two or three times as expensive.

Maurice

• Like 1

Saw this yesterday, while on my way to update my forklift ticket, maybe some work during the hop harvest in Feb/March. I've long been a LR fan & this 1984 110 V8 was as tidy a one I've ever seen for its age. Another notable spotted recently was a very tidy, in an original sense, Hillman Avenger estate, the early series ones with the smaller rectangular head lights. Metallic Grey/Blue.

2022-11-19_11-33-42

Steve.

• Like 7

Was at the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team, Brackley, a couple of weeks or so back, here's a few detail pics of the car in the foyer to the manufacturing dept. 

52512353490_4d1b9e57ca_o.jpg

52512424778_49dc46466e_o.jpg

52512145459_fba6ee5226_o.jpg

52512353530_4ab5f615fb_o.jpg

52511401592_39a7517b55_o.jpg

52512424693_6647944424_o.jpg

52512353455_cc61705da6_o.jpg

52512353435_d1ca936ec2_o.jpg

52512353405_8697eb4793_o.jpg

52511401452_17c5ae2e4f_o.jpg

B)

• Like 7