Spot of the Day Part 6

bentwaters81tfw

On 21/10/2022 at 19:07, Toftdale said:

its a Moto (I only know this because it's written on the side)

The excellent registration plate helps too!

Keith (who also wouldn't have a scooby what it was ( other than it wasn't a Scooby!)...!! 🤣 )

• Haha 2

On 21/10/2022 at 19:07, Toftdale said:

No idea what this is, working in a laboratory just outside Stowmarket and just happened to look out the window to see this pull up, I think the driver was delivering something!

p?i=e73b14e7e9c0fbddd68dbab4ce563f0c

Morris 10, more specifically a 1932-35 model.  From this angle, they are very similar looking to the equivalent age Austin 12, however the bonnet side panel louvre layout (louvres split by a raised panel half way along) confirm that it is the Morris.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rob Lyttle said:

Just managed to get a couple of pics of this little beauty at the traffic lights, before he pulled away with a bit of blue smoke. 

A 1954 New Hudson Autocycle, a whole 98cc worth of, according to the UK rego site, never heard or seen of them before. Got uncomfortable seating by the look of its rider standing up when given the chance. :)

Steve.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

Just managed to get a couple of pics of this little beauty at the traffic lights, before he pulled away with a bit of blue smoke. 

IMG_20221023_134123

IMG_20221023_134131

Check out the little leather spanner bag under the saddle. 

He appeared on national TV News the other day, outside the shop in Hursley!  (They were doing some vox pops for marginal blue wall vs marginal old blue constituencies in light of new PM.)

• Like 2

Waiting to pull out from a side street the other day, a 2002 Porsche Carrera 4 cabriolet in mid grey metallic (I'm sure Porsche has a much posher name than that), top was down seeing it was a nice day & although it mightn't be classic 911, I did fall a bit in love with it. :)

Steve.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Alan R said:

Was this a show or something. The Alfa seems to be parked between a Hillman Minx (or similar) and a military device...

Cheers,

Alan.

This was at Bedford's biennial jamboree, the River Festival, all sorts of stuff going on and this year they invited local owners of distinguished automobiles to park on the High St. So if Bhangra aerobics or the baby sensory tent isn't your bag, you can at least drool over some nice cars!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Oddly, having seen a Peugeot 405 (albeit an estate) last week, this morning I was passed by an Alfa Romeo 164 saloon in white on an L-prefix. Although prettier than the 405, I always imagined that the bosses at Alfa would have been less than impressed by the similar styling of the saloons.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Farmer matt said:

Oddly, having seen a Peugeot 405 (albeit an estate) last week, this morning I was passed by an Alfa Romeo 164 saloon in white on an L-prefix. Although prettier than the 405, I always imagined that the bosses at Alfa would have been less than impressed by the similar styling of the saloons.

Pininfarina was a master of this strategy, the Peugeot 605 was basically an enlarged 405 and also looked very similar to the Alfa Romeo 164.  I have a feeling that Peugeot wasn't that impressed at the time (I'm sure I read that somewhere).

Way back in the mists of time Peugeot and BMC got very similar mid-sized saloons (the 404 and Morris Oxford, Austin Cambridge, etc.).  The bigger Austin Westminster and its variants looked a bit like the Lancia Flaminia, in which I think Pininfarina had a hand.

• Like 7

I saw this '55 F100 parked around the corner earlier, but when I came back it had gone.  It was distinctive enough to find it online:

https://engineswapdepot.com/?p=91553

I don't really care for the paint, the diesel engine, the 22" wheels, or the airbags...  would be much better with a V8 and sitting on 15" wheels, but it's not my money. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 5

On 28/10/2022 at 13:29, Farmer matt said:

To be fair though, I've always thought that Pininfarina did do a much better job of styling Peugeots than their own in-house designers did...  I can't stand any of the recent & current Peugeots, whereas the 106, 205, 306, 405, 406 & 505 always looked much sharper and classier than their contempory rivals.  Whilst the 406 saloon & estate were inhouse, the Pininfarina influence, especially from the 405, is still very clear, and the 406 coupe and 306 cabrio were stunning.  206 onwards, they just lost their way, getting steadily worse (e.g. 207, and 307), and the 407 in particular was just hideous...

The 164 did at least hide it's shared origins better than its Fiat Croma, Lancia Thema and Saab 9000 siblings!

Every now and again I look on ebay for a prefacelift 405 estate, or a 306 cabrio...

• Like 4

A bit of catching up, no photos.

A couple of days ago, a bright yellow, quite noisy Lotus 410.

A couple of weeks ago, while visiting Hunstanton, a 'P' prefix Vauxhall Calibra in bright, highly polished green.

And, further up the road and saw it a few times cruising up and down, a Dolomite sprint in bright, highly polished blue.

• Like 2

Followed a Maserati SUV earlier - don't ask me which model because if hadn't had a Maserati badge it could have been anything.  Also, a "nice" E46 coupe, with an orange and black wrap (being charitable, I hope it was a wrap rather than paint), lowered, with the obligatory number-plate-on-the-dash mod.

Here's hoping for something better over the weekend.  😐

Edited by Six97s