Junkers Ju 88G-6 1/72 Hasegawa

Hi fellow modelers,

this kit I built recently for a book project using the Hasegawa kit with some extras, e.g. Master brass radar dipoles or Quickboost stuff for gun barrels and engine intakes.

The kit should represent Oblt. Werner Briegleb machine from 7./NJG2 in March 1945 known from two period photos I was able to find (e.g. Nachtjäger book from Classic). The kit was painted with Gunze acrylics in RLM75/76  colors with RLM81 mottles, while the decals came from AIMS decal sheet.

Cheers

Libor

52399241686_2abbe393a5_o.jpg

52398723527_a0fd5dd4c2_o.jpg

52399241651_a9ba7bc362_o.jpg

52399732803_ef1d2bd40f_o.jpg

• Like 72
  • Thanks 2

Well, it should not be grey, unless the mottling was done in RLM74, what is one of possible options. Otherwise, it is suggested the mottles were done in one of the RLM81 variations, so even the brownish hue (which I can’t see on my Ipad) would be possible.

Cheers to all,

Libor

On 02/10/2022 at 17:17, Redboost said:

Hi fellow modelers,

this kit I built recently for a book project using the Hasegawa kit with some extras, e.g. Master brass radar dipoles or Quickboost stuff for gun barrels and engine intakes.

The kit should represent Oblt. Werner Briegleb machine from 7./NJG2 in March 1945 known from two period photos I was able to find (e.g. Nachtjäger book from Classic). The kit was painted with Gunze acrylics in RLM75/76  colors with RLM81 mottles, while the decals came from AIMS decal sheet.

Cheers

Libor

52399241686_2abbe393a5_o.jpg

52398723527_a0fd5dd4c2_o.jpg

52399241651_a9ba7bc362_o.jpg

52399732803_ef1d2bd40f_o.jpg

Nice, well done.

Alain

• Thanks 1

I am in awe of how well the model is finished.  This is like one of those articles you see in a book or magazine and you wonder how on earth someone could finish a kit so well; how absolutely pathetic your own attempts are; and you are now inspired to go back to work to improve your skills to just a smidgeon of what you just saw.  Thank you for sharing such a wonderful finished build.  And, it is in that minute scale of 1/72 that someone like me finds much too small to do anything with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Amazing - down to every detail!  👍👍

I like the exhaust stains which extend onto the horizontal stabilizers - very perceptive!

Maybe one day I will be able to build something as precise and excellent as this.

Maybe..............

• Thanks 1

Super impressive. Not sure what to say, it is so polished.

So congratulations will have to do!

JR

• Thanks 1