2023 Bunfight poll

2023 Bunfight!  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favourite groupbuilds here. Please make six choices only.

• Above the Karman Line
    • TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers
    • The Entropy Groupbuild
    • The Salty Sea Dog GB
    • I feel deserted!
    • Marcel Bloch / Dassault Aviation
    • Airco and De Havilland
    • Sopwith, descendants and acquisitions (Hawker, Gloster, Siddeley)
    • Hawker Tornado to Sea Fury
    • Southern Europe
    • Not my comfort zone
    • Protecting Neutrality
    • Meteorology - Names from the weather
    • Reconnaissance and Scouting
    • Uhrwerk Springen Haufen - STOL and VTOL
    • Emergency!
    • A Pillar of Fire - WW2 jets and rockets
    • Classic wings, Cars, Ships, and More
    • Here comes the Fleet! (Air Arm)
    • Aces High
    • Small scales
    • Go large or go home
    • Planes, Names and Dames

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/22 at 23:59

1 hour ago, jackroadkill said:

It's a good job he lives in Australia, when you think about it; he has plenty of time when the rest of us are asleep to fire up the gas-powered mainframe.

While the majority of BMers in the UK and Europe will be safely tucked up in bed as the polls close, and our US cousins are too polite to do such things, we Aussies will be playing merry, surreptitiously on our phones at work, shifting our votes around… :evil_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Many thanks to @trickyrich for all the result plotting. You need a good plot before you can plot how to get your GB across the line…

In terms of results visualisation, I find this one mesmerising:

…although this style showing votes per subject over time is definitely less flashy and possibly more informative:

16541964-9-A89-4475-B398-4-A3-A19218-E70

• Like 4

Phew we made it at last! Going to be a busy year for me for sure. Sad to see some that didn't make it, but was nice to see the madness that is bunfight for the first time! Well done everyone for all the efforts organising the GB proposals, even if they unfortunately didn't make it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marklo said:

And if Wellington (Then prime minister) had agreed to fund Babbage fully we’d have had digital computers in the nineteenth century, albeit mechanical ones, imagine what that would have meant from a technological point of view..,,

Have you read 'The Difference Engine' by William Gibson and Bruce Sterling? It portrays an England in the mid 1850's where the Babbage Engine was finished. The Crimean War is won by the the use of computer predicted artillery and precision engineering has appeared early. The country is run by a a government made up of technocrats and reformers and the old aristocracy has withered in the wake of disorder following the assaination of Wellington. There is a government database of citizens and the use of credit cards.

The book is held to be one of foundations of steam punk. Would make a good series if done properly. 

• Like 1

Oh wow it had closed!!!

Has to be one of the most epic bumfights we’ve had so far!!!

will do up a lovely postmortem chart when I get home, will be all ready for the early birds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I'll leave it to Rich to make the official announcement. 

We now need to assign dates for the GB slots.   There is a seperate thread for that and I have pinged all the GB hosts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Thanks to all who voted for the Southern Europe GB, well done to all the other qualifiers, commiserations to those that didn't get through.

• Like 4

Well done and thanks to everyone involved in keeping the Group Build scene so healthy :thumbsup:

Not all my favs got through the Bunfight, but nevertheless there'll be plenty to keep me happy in 2023.

Already planning cars, airliners, choppers, a V-bomber and a bipe, spanning 1920s to 1980s.

Cheers

• Like 4

And good morning everyone....hope you all slept well.....now it's time to welcome the dawn of a new age.....the age of the 2023 Group Build Schedule!!!  :yahoo:

Yes after some absolute frantic last minute knifing/vote shifting we have the final results...........though for one it would almost require a stewards enquiry!!!! 12 additional votes in the last 24 hours??? I've never seen the like in the 7 years I've been doing these charts. All I can say is they were very lucky as for a while things were looking grim!

I was pretty close with the 50 vote "Cut-Off" line....as to my last minute predictions.......well I was right, just the opposite! Had Small and Dassault going through and Karman & De Hav not........ so guess I was sort of right!  :bleh:

I do feel sorry for those GB's that didn't make it, there were a couple I wanted to go through. Poor old VTOL couldn't get off the ground!

But to those that made it, there is a huge range of build choices, really something for everyone, plus some different ones which is nice.

Now the fun begins for those who made the cut...all the wheeling and dealing for the build slots. Poor Old Enzo the Malfunctioning (well he was in that spa)....all those bribes and offerings of first born childs that will now happen to secure the perfect build slot........... psssss Enzo, the checks in the mail! :bandit:

I've made it really big for those who may still be suffering from staying up late..... or those that now have an eye infection from that really dodgy Spa!!!!!

2023%20GB%20Voting%20Final%20Results-X2.

Finally I hope everyone enjoyed the Annual Bumfight, it's now grown to be the big event of the year for us GB dwellers.

I love it and doing the charts is lots of fun......and for all those new to this I hope you enjoyed the fun and games.....probably not all those terrible jokes......I promise next years event will be even worse!! :yahoo:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 21
  • Haha 1

Well that was all very exciting. It's very early in the morning now and I'm suffering from anti-climax (it's a prostate thing, common in men of my age 😉). On behalf of The Entropists, thanks to those others who voted us in despite not wanting to participate. We wouldn't have made it without you.

Special thanks to @Enzo the Magnificent and @trickyrich for their work and humour. 

Recruiting and campaigning has been a blast and I recommend the experience to anyone with a couple of hundred hours to kill!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mr T said:

Have you read 'The Difference Engine' by William Gibson and Bruce Sterling?

No, but I had heard of it. I had read burning chrome and wasn’t too thrilled by it so haven’t read anything by Gibson since.

• Like 2