2023 Bunfight poll

2023 Bunfight!  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favourite groupbuilds here. Please make six choices only.

• Above the Karman Line
    • TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers
    • The Entropy Groupbuild
    • The Salty Sea Dog GB
    • I feel deserted!
    • Marcel Bloch / Dassault Aviation
    • Airco and De Havilland
    • Sopwith, descendants and acquisitions (Hawker, Gloster, Siddeley)
    • Hawker Tornado to Sea Fury
    • Southern Europe
    • Not my comfort zone
    • Protecting Neutrality
    • Meteorology - Names from the weather
    • Reconnaissance and Scouting
    • Uhrwerk Springen Haufen - STOL and VTOL
    • Emergency!
    • A Pillar of Fire - WW2 jets and rockets
    • Classic wings, Cars, Ships, and More
    • Here comes the Fleet! (Air Arm)
    • Aces High
    • Small scales
    • Go large or go home
    • Planes, Names and Dames

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/22 at 23:59

The day I get back from a superb week's hols in Iceland, @AdrianMF gives us his Roll on Deodorant joke.  I'm reminded of this oldie...

An Englishman goes into an Icelandic pharmacy and asks for some deodorant (fortunately almost everyone speaks English in Iceland :thumbsup2:).

"Aerosol?" asks the assistant.

"No, underarm please" says the Englishman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

ok you unwashed lot!!! No silly tails or stories......or the chart for a moment.....I've just come back from the "Wings over the Illawarra" airshow, about an hour south os Sydney.

It's not a huge airshow like you lot get, but still very impressive, lots of static displays...but the flying one!!!! :thumbsup:

In no particular order, 2 Spitfire Mk.XIII's, P-51D, P-40E, Fw-190A (Replica absolutely perfect), F4U Corsair, TBF Avenger, Boomerang, Hudson, L-39 Albatross, Grumman Tracker, Super Constellation, P-3C Orion, F35A (god that thing was noisy....and have to admit I liked the display, so now guess I have to build one!), Harvard, Wirraway (Aussie Harvard), Winjeel Trainer, CT-4 Trainier, O-2 Skymaster, T-28 Trojan, plus more I've probably forgotten. First time I've been to this one, was really good. Got heaps of photos, though need to invest in a bit 300mm lens!

Ok, now I've bored you the chart is about to follow!

• Like 10

OK the chart, now too many comments as I'm a bit sunburnt from today.....need to have some lotion or butter rubbed on me!  :wicked:

Basically 3 new member votes, but per yesterdays chart, changes are base on yesterday mornings chart. So by looking at last night's and this morning you'll see there have been lots of busy wee beavers gnawing away at GB's!

Ok we can skip the bottom...sorry to say just further bloodshed, as usual, so nothing to report there...

At the top, some fisty-cuffs between the leading two.......if you lot don't start behave it'll be off to the naughty corner for you both!! :nono:

We are on the cusp of having 9 GB's ready for next year (I'd definitely call the top 7 as going through now) ...so it's really coming down to 5 GB's fighting for the last 2 slots! AS much as I'd like to say only 4 fighting for the last position, "Above the Karman Line" could still faultier! 

We are racing down to the last few hours of the bumfight....the carnage and tension will only grow.......

2023%20GB%20Voting%2013th%20Nov-XL.jpg

...and for those stressing out over their fav GB, this is for you!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

I thought I posted a naughty superhero joke a while ago, and now I can't find the other recent one either (apparently "Pinocchio" was not a superhero) :hmmm:

Is there some kind of a ™️ or ©️ issue that alerts the mods and deletes them before corporate lawyers sue the forum? I'm happy with it, if that's indeed the case, but feel like we haven't been informed about it, to avoid it. V-P

13 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

I thought I posted a naughty superhero joke a while ago, and now I can't find the other recent one either (apparently "Pinocchio" was not a superhero) :hmmm:

Is there some kind of a ™️ or ©️ issue that alerts the mods and deletes them before corporate lawyers sue the forum? I'm happy with it, if that's indeed the case, but feel like we haven't been informed about it, to avoid it. V-P

The naughtiness and politicalness did for them, possibly? 🙂

Edited by TonyOD

2 hours ago, CliffB said:

The day I get back from a superb week's hols in Iceland, @AdrianMF gives us his Roll on Deodorant joke.  I'm reminded of this oldie...

An Englishman goes into an Icelandic pharmacy and asks for some deodorant (fortunately almost everyone speaks English in Iceland :thumbsup2:).

"Aerosol?" asks the assistant.

"No, underarm please" says the Englishman.

On a similar theme...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

I can assure you, there was nothing political in my post. Naughtiness, on the other hand, plenty of :coolio:

I thought the joke was funny but you mentioned a certain individual who has been active in the political arena, let's say - that's probably enough! 😁

47 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

I thought the joke was funny but you mentioned a certain individual who has been active in the political arena, let's say - that's probably enough! 😁

Maybe... there was something in those individuals that I didn't know because I'm not British? I had no idea that S-man, 😺 woman or - - (the man you can't see!) were political.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

Maybe, but its sub-line companions are mostly the opposite - less common that more seldom gets built, while the common themes tend to end up topside. Maybe should try the opposite for next year: catastrophic failures, killed-on-the-first-mission, etc sort of thing and see how that fares.

That's not a bad idea at all @Torbjorn.   I can think of a few lesser know pilots and such like who have lost their lives proving concepts which eventually found their place.  It would be nice to commermoarte those persons too but getting the background information would be much harder.  One that springs to mind is Squadron Commander Edwin Harris Dunning  

Wikipedia link  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Harris_Dunning

1 hour ago, AdrianMF said:

It ain’t over till it’s over…

Nailbiting stuff!

Maybe ,but I do believe I hear dat fat, rotund, plump  statuesque lady in the wings clearing her pipes for her final aria that would make Kate Smith cringe.

Still would have liked Classic wings to have gotten over the line.

• Like 4

ok folks the end is nigh and those now blunt knives will one put away for another year....

....this is probably the 2nd last update of the chart before the final results are known......

Only 3 new sets of votes, but lots of moving off votes around........but in that very odd way the seems to happen every year at this stage of the poll.

The stripping of vote for the cellar dwellers........why??

Then there'' the piling on of votes for GB's that were guaranteed a slot next year days ago.

In the bit that really matters some movement....this folks is where all the vote shifting and backstabbing should be occurring!!!!

Anyway it's now very much 4 GB's fighting for the last 2 positions, and it's still anyones guess which will make it as only 2 votes seperate them all. Though I reckon only 1 of the 2 above the cut off line will make it, my predictions is that 15 & 32 will make it and 4 & 10 will just miss out....... and yes those numbers have a meaning and will explain after it is over. If you can guess let me know.

2023%20GB%20Voting%2014th%20Nov-XL.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 13

Given that Tornado to Sea Fury looks sunk, I can at least move my intended Sea Fury build to the Here Comes the Fleet (Air Arm) GB. That will leave me with four GBs, which is probably more manageable. 

A couple for the older BM'ers. A hippy gets knocked over by a car and calls to his friend 'Hey man call me an ambulance' to which his friend replies 'OK man, you're an ambulance' (Sheffield or Nottingham Rag Mag, circa 1969)

Caeser on being stabbed in the Senate 'Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it Infamy' Kenneth Williams, 'Carry on Cleo' 1966.

• Haha 4

I really don't think there's going to be enough movement of votes today to damage the prospects for Entropy (mine) or any of the other GBs that interest me this year. I'm headed for a full house, more GB's in fact than I can possibly participate in.

So WHY OH WHY do I keep checking this thread.

It's about every hour now.

Pinging Bunfight's addictive or summat!

• Like 1