2023 Bunfight poll

2023 Bunfight!  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favourite groupbuilds here. Please make six choices only.

• Above the Karman Line
    • TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers
    • The Entropy Groupbuild
    • The Salty Sea Dog GB
    • I feel deserted!
    • Marcel Bloch / Dassault Aviation
    • Airco and De Havilland
    • Sopwith, descendants and acquisitions (Hawker, Gloster, Siddeley)
    • Hawker Tornado to Sea Fury
    • Southern Europe
    • Not my comfort zone
    • Protecting Neutrality
    • Meteorology - Names from the weather
    • Reconnaissance and Scouting
    • Uhrwerk Springen Haufen - STOL and VTOL
    • Emergency!
    • A Pillar of Fire - WW2 jets and rockets
    • Classic wings, Cars, Ships, and More
    • Here comes the Fleet! (Air Arm)
    • Aces High
    • Small scales
    • Go large or go home
    • Planes, Names and Dames

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/22 at 23:59

What gets wetter the more it dries? 
A towel. 

Why do bicycles fall over?
Because they are two-tired! 

Why do dragons sleep during the day?
So they can fight knights! 

Why was the broom late? 
It over swept! 

• Haha 5

Still surprised Aces High is so low! It literally spans a century (at least) and dozens of major (and dozen of minor) wars, from dozens countries of featuring pistons to jets, filled with biplanes, triplanes and monoplanes, oh my!  

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Marklo said:

Well if you were to take a holistic view entropy encompasses everything so in principle we could just suspend the vote and do one big entropy group build. Any further subdivision would be purely arbitrary.

Of course if the cosmological

theories that support contraction of the universe once the limit of its expansion has been reached , followed ultimately by another big bang in a cyclic manner are correct then entropy is only half the story…

Isn't it also our position relative to the event horizon having a prismatic effect on our perception of pyroplastics opposed to kittum physics results?

Or maybe it's just a (temporary, I hope) disruption in my positronic brain due to the heavy magnetic and gravitational waves attracting us to the bunfight hole?

3 hours ago, Thom216 said:

Still surprised Aces High is so low! It literally spans a century (at least) and dozens of major (and dozen of minor) wars, from dozens countries of featuring pistons to jets, filled with biplanes, triplanes and monoplanes, oh my!  

I bet @Thom216 we could fit that category into several of the GB that make it.

The same applies to others, of course.  I, for one, am already gong through the stash and seeing what I can do.  The Recon GB alone will be a thrill.  I'll be focusing on FAC/COIN aircraft as much as I can.  Regarding the Go Large GB...I really don't want to open that can of worms but I might have to anyway.  Revell makes a very nice VW Beetle police car in 1/24th.  Desert is a no brainer...Salty Dog probably a seaplane of some sort, or a tugboat.  I'm hoping I can fit my 19 Sqn project into one or two of them.

I would like to use what I already have rather than buying something new.  Perish the thought! 🤣

Once again...I have no snappy jokes to share...😭

• Like 2

I too am already lining ‘em up, @John Masters. Salty Sea Dog, couple of Seafires, probably one early, one late. FAA, another Seafire. Desert, Vc Trop. Comfort Zone, Spiteful prototype (if I’m brave enough!) Recce, PR XIX. Southern  Europe, qualcosa italiana. 2022 has been a dreadful year, frankly, but this lot should help put a shine on 2023.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

My grandfather served in the second world war.  He destroyed three Bf109s, two Ju52s and an He111.

He was, by far, the worst mechanic that the Luftwaffe ever had.

It was good to hear this one again. It still makes me laugh.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thom216 said:

Me too. Every build would have the biography of a pilot behind it. Mystified. 🤔 

Edited by TonyOD
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, John Masters said:

am already going through the stash and seeing what I can do. ...

I would like to use what I already have rather than buying something new. 

I did that well before the voting began and had at least one candidate, sometimes three, for each of my GBs of interest. Many of the models in mind are big projects too. And now it's looking likely that all six of my voted choices and an STGB will be on the calendar, probably concurrently! I now find myself with an embarrassment of riches and the decisions I'm starting to make concern which GBs I'll have to walk away from.

That's the way it goes I guess. There was little to interest me this year, and now too much in '23. I'm still looking for a cheerful clairvoyant to punch in the nose.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TonyOD said:

Me too. Every build would have the biography of a pilot behind it. Mystified. 🤔 

I think Aircraft of the Aces are something that we have all done so many times that it just didn't seem special anymore. That's how I felt about it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

I think Aircraft of the Aces are something that we have all done so many times that it just didn't seem special anymore. That's how I felt about it.

I’m kicking off an ace build right now as it happens, but there’s no danger of running of aces to go at. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

Maybe, but its sub-line companions are mostly the opposite - less common that more seldom gets built, while the common themes tend to end up topside. Maybe should try the opposite for next year: catastrophic failures, killed-on-the-first-mission, etc sort of thing and see how that fares.

• Like 1

Two crows were flying along slowly minding their own business enjoying the scenery, when all of a sudden out of the blue a Super Hornet goes screaming past, barely missing the now somersaulting, and wildly flapping crows.

"Oh my God!" exclaims one crow in surprise. "He was sure moving!"

The other crow replies: "I reckon you would be too if you had two backsides and both of them were alight!"

• Haha 8

33 minutes ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

I did that well before the voting began and had at least one candidate, sometimes three, for each of my GBs of interest. Many of the models in mind are big projects too. And now it's looking likely that all six of my voted choices and an STGB will be on the calendar, probably concurrently! I now find myself with an embarrassment of riches and the decisions I'm starting to make concern which GBs I'll have to walk away from.

That's the way it goes I guess. There was little to interest me this year, and now too much in '23. I'm still looking for a cheerful clairvoyant to punch in the nose.

And NO, @Enzo the Magnificent, I WILL NOT BUILD THEM ALL. I KNOW THAT I DON'T WANT TO. 🤣

• Haha 1

ok folks time for a bedtime story........

.....there once were a group of poor sad individuals who spent most of their days huddled over benches slaving away over bits of plastic surrounded tubs of glue and filler (someones TRYING to build a Trumpie model), tiny bits of PE cover the floor., more offerings for the beast that lives under their bench. All time trying to be as quiet as a mouse else SHMBO finds out what they are doing and then chases them outside to do the mountain of chores she has planned for them. And run out and slave away they must else she finds there hidden stash, else assorts of of terror and torture awaits them.......visits to the garden centre, or worse having to go shopping with them....or the ultimate crime against humanity......visit the Mother-in-Law!!!! 😱

In ths sad an gloomy existence there are very few times of joy....... an occasionally new Airfix model or a new Spitfire (:sleeping:), but other than that they live a life of perpetual..........

But once a year when the moon aligns, SHMBO visits the dragon/Beelzebub/mother-in-law a rare and exciting event occurs. From all these wee dark and damp places strange pale member venture out and gather in numbers for this most mysterious and wondrous event......some even hop into Spa and talk and soap each others back  :whistle:....... For it was time to gather around armed with all sort of shape and not so sharp objects.... and the occasional limp bit of celery for it was time for that most sacred event the annual BUMFIGHT!!!! :D

Ok time for bed now and here's a little bedtime treat.....

2023%20GB%20Voting%2012th%20Nov%20PM-XL.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, rob Lyttle said:

When's the results??? 

The poll closes at 2359 UK time on Monday 14 Nov.    The results will be obvious from the poll but it will take me a few days to sort out the GB calender.

• Thanks 2

Now if I were a bad person I’d recast my vote and not vote for small scale knocking it back behind Airco. However I’m not ( and Aldi it would still be tied with Dassault :) ) and classic silver wings would still not make the cut, sigh