2023 Bunfight poll

2023 Bunfight!  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favourite groupbuilds here. Please make six choices only.

• Above the Karman Line
    • TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers
    • The Entropy Groupbuild
    • The Salty Sea Dog GB
    • I feel deserted!
    • Marcel Bloch / Dassault Aviation
    • Airco and De Havilland
    • Sopwith, descendants and acquisitions (Hawker, Gloster, Siddeley)
    • Hawker Tornado to Sea Fury
    • Southern Europe
    • Not my comfort zone
    • Protecting Neutrality
    • Meteorology - Names from the weather
    • Reconnaissance and Scouting
    • Uhrwerk Springen Haufen - STOL and VTOL
    • Emergency!
    • A Pillar of Fire - WW2 jets and rockets
    • Classic wings, Cars, Ships, and More
    • Here comes the Fleet! (Air Arm)
    • Aces High
    • Small scales
    • Go large or go home
    • Planes, Names and Dames

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/22 at 23:59

6 minutes ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

They're not.  :fraidnot:  Roger Penrose's theory of Conformal Cyclic Cosmology is very elegant indeed (read his book Cycles Of Time) but as yet there is no observational evidence to support it.  The other fashionable cyclical theory is Loop Quantum Cosmology, but that's just nuts!   If you ask me, it's a bridge too far.   :)   (I'm quite pleased with that pun)

Let’s be honest 11 degree string theory may be right and if so we’re looking at many multiple universes formed from branes across multiple dimensions. 

That said the expansion contraction cyclic thing is very like the multiverse cosmology in Michael Moorcocks eternal champion series of which ( with the exception of Jerry Cornelius) in my younger days; I was a big fan; and it had a sort of intuitive rightness to it even if it in no way reflects how the universe ( multiverse) works.

I think I need alcohol at hand if I’m to continue this discussion..,

Edited by Marklo
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

:cheers:

Personally I think we're all part of some Cosmic high schooler's class project and the son- of a gun still can't get a passing grade. Or the Universe is run by white mice. So Drink up Shriners:drink:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

Personally I think we're all part of some Cosmic high schooler's class project and the son- of a gun still can't get a passing grade. Or the Universe is run by white mice. So Drink up Shriners:drink:

Not sure I’d ascribe to that theory although some of the companies I’ve worked for made more sense if considered to be a behavioural research lab rather than a manufacturing operation :) 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Marklo said:

Not sure I’d ascribe to that theory although some of the companies I’ve worked for made more sense if considered to be a behavioural research lab rather than a manufacturing operation :) 

I think we've all worked for companies like that at some point.  :lol: 

• Haha 2

ok just because I'm feeling a bit generous I have a bedtime chart for those night owls......... or Zombies.....or those in that disgusting Spa....boys you do know it needs daily cleaning!!!!

I think those up north don't particularly like the southerners! Perfectly understandable as well! :bleh:

As can now be seen the number of vacant spots for next years GB's is getting smaller.......will these be the final positions?

2023%20GB%20Voting%2011th%20Nov%20PM-XL.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

2 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Are you suggesting that Sopwith Camel will spontaneously construct themselves out of dirt? I should have listened more in physics…

Quantum field theory posits that we live in a probabilistic reality.  The concept of Sopwith Camels spontaneously constructing themselves out of dirt (or quantum vacuum) is perfectly viable.  Just not very likely.  :shrug:    And even if it did happen, there would be a Camel and and anti-Camel which would instantaneously annihilate themselves.

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

I fear my last words will be ‘‘hold my beer and watch this.’’

Never a good policy. :fraidnot:   Whoever you task with holding your beer always ends up drinking it.  :shrug:  

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

As can now be seen the number of vacant spots for next years GB's is getting smaller.......will these be the final positions?

I haven't put in my votes yet and I’m keeping a close eye on a couple that are just below the red line……

AW

• Like 1

well everybody hope you had a nice sleep, dreaming of GB's, or the latest Airfix 1/48th Buccaneer, or whoever's Misses it is that's in the spa......well you know that's not normal, you have some serious issues!

Ok speaking of serious issues........it's the Chart update time!!!  :yahoo:

Ok wee had a bedtime update earlier, but overnight things have really moved. So the changes in this one are based on the chart done this time yesterday. I will try and do 2 charts a day from now as things are starting to get really interesting! Would have been more so if there had been lees builds going through to next year.....proper carnage then!

For the "35 and below" crowd, things are pretty much normal....as in kick a GB while it's down! There has been so wee movement at the top of this lot, but at this stage they'll need the "Hand of God" to get them above that cutoff line!!

Atb the other end the Recon boys/girls are scouting out the lead as they like to do. A couple of the front runners have been given a bit of a kick to remind them to be humble, crowing about being at the front is a sure way to attract knifes.

Poor old Southern Europe.....as usual no one likes them......strong is the Spirit of Ragnor, return for his 2024 overdue is much!!!!!! :wicked: (with the release of the new 1/48th Saab 105 released and possible release of the JetMADS 1/32nd Draken...I think its time for Ragnor go travelling again!!! :cheers:   )

Ok back to the important bit....the middle, and wow things have changed and moved about since yesterday. i am almost willing to say it's coming down to 4 or 5 GB's fighting it out for the last 1 or 2 positions! Just 4 votes seperate these GB's and a 4 vote change is nothing at the moment, I can see these GB swapping positions many time over the few remaining days of the Bunfight!!!

"All hail the Knives!"

2023%20GB%20Voting%2012th%20Nov-XL.jpg

On a final sad note, those poor GB's at the bottom with less than 30 votes.......how they have been abandoned by those said they like the idea enough for them to get the 30 interested members to go into the poll! The 2 in this lot that I was interested in I voted for......how many others can say that!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

10 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

The concept of Sopwith Camels spontaneously constructing themselves out of dirt (or quantum vacuum) is perfectly viable. 

Well based on the idea that the universe itself occurred as a result of quantum vacuum deprecating into our universe and an anti universe. This is vaguely possible.

If as is theorised there are an infinite number of possible universes then it is also possible that there is a universe where Sopwith camels arise spontaneously.

However entropy dictates that complexity and order descend in to chaos and disorder, so realistically the most complex object that occurs spontaneously would be larger molecules. You need an anti entropic agent such as life (not necessarily intelligent or sentient) to get a Sopwith camel. I mean if Douglas Adams can come up with the ratchet screwdriver fruit, a Sopwith camel palm tree isn’t entirely impossible.

But I had meant that seeing as how all machines degrade and decay anything hull could be modelled as being subject to entropy.

Edited by Marklo

35 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

For Sale

Spare votes

First come first served, unless I get a better offer!

Southern Europe GB please

• Like 1