2023 Bunfight poll

2023 Bunfight!  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favourite groupbuilds here. Please make six choices only.

• Above the Karman Line
    • TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers
    • The Entropy Groupbuild
    • The Salty Sea Dog GB
    • I feel deserted!
    • Marcel Bloch / Dassault Aviation
    • Airco and De Havilland
    • Sopwith, descendants and acquisitions (Hawker, Gloster, Siddeley)
    • Hawker Tornado to Sea Fury
    • Southern Europe
    • Not my comfort zone
    • Protecting Neutrality
    • Meteorology - Names from the weather
    • Reconnaissance and Scouting
    • Uhrwerk Springen Haufen - STOL and VTOL
    • Emergency!
    • A Pillar of Fire - WW2 jets and rockets
    • Classic wings, Cars, Ships, and More
    • Here comes the Fleet! (Air Arm)
    • Aces High
    • Small scales
    • Go large or go home
    • Planes, Names and Dames

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/22 at 23:59

2 hours ago, Dansk said:

this should be rectified. i've just transferred another 10 quid from craigs account to you chris.

(he won't notice: he's in the jacuzzi right now inspecting @PattheCat's wife's Growler, apparently she shows it at a lot of model shows but it hasn't won any prizes yet.)

I can't understand the lack of attention Pat's wife's Growler gets, I mean who doesn't like a nice EA-18G?😉

🇺🇦

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marklo said:

Now listen to this

Nice Telecaster...

I've voted twice, so that's ten votes from me.  I like how its shaping up.  It's gong to be a fun and different year fro me.  I anticipate more ground vehicles.

I blame you all.  🤣

• Thanks 1

What Christmas song do they play at the mental hospital?

Do you see what I see?

What is a dog’s favourite song?

Chasing Cars.

I opened the fridge today and the milk was singing a Michael Jackson song

I think it’s Bad

• Haha 4

I do love a good bun fight, it’s the best place to learn things you never knew you needed to know!

For example @modelling minion “I can't understand the lack of attention Pat's wife's Growler gets”

or knowing that there’s and awful lot of wrinkley modellers in Nuneaton sharing a jacuzzi powered by Gerbil farts including @Dansk with some random lady who will be your “wife” for a cheeky bottle of fizz. 
 @JOCKNEY feeling left out has had to repurpose his only empty whiskey barrel into his own jacuzzi, mind you it’s more likely an ice bath and was last heard singing “roll out the barrel”

Poor @nimrod54 is in a state over the Go large or go home GB, I mean for someone who builds almost exclusively in 1/144, then 1/72 is large scale. 

@trickyrich is in spreadsheet heaven & would be even happier if the rest of us just agreed with him. 

As a wise person once said

“as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know.”

• Haha 8

25 minutes ago, Dansk said:

you inspected it, did it compare well to other growlers you seen?

maybe she'll bring it to telford and present it on an ipms table for official judging?

Looked perfectly good to me. and I have seen a few.😉

I am quite sure if presented nicely it would come away with a medal from Telford.

🇺🇦

• Haha 2

"Give it to me! Give it to me!" she yelled. "I'm so wet, give it to me now!" She could scream all she wanted, but I was keeping the umbrella.

They say that during sex you burn off as many calories as running eight miles. Who the hell runs eight miles in 30 seconds?

What did one butt cheek say to the other? Together, we can stop this crap.

• Haha 8

ok a bit earlier today for a change.

I have to admit I get very excited as well waiting to see what the daily results are and i do the chart!!

...and no disappointment with todays either, while theres only been 4 new member votes, there has been more movement happening than by them......arrrrrr knives me thinks! :pirate:

I am still happy to stick with my top 6, not quite ready to call the next couple in, they may have jumped by 4....... but they could easily drop 4 or more!

At the other end....well if you're not like Gomes da Rocha with 39, then I'm afraid............ ☠️  

With now just 5 days too go things are going to get more intense, especially for the 6 GB's after the final 3 places!

2023%20GB%20Voting%2010th%20Nov-XL.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 12
  • Confused 1

Why did Shakespeare always write using a pen?  He could never decide which pencil to use- 2B or not 2B.

What happens if someone slaps you at a high frequency?  It hertz.

I've been writing songs about sewing machines. I guess you could call me a Singer songwriter

• Haha 11

I was out for a curry the other night, and I ordered my naan bread.
I don’t know why, she doesn’t even like it.

I was in a restaurant at a raucous curry night, some people started throwing rice and a pilau fight ensued.

What’s Abba’s favourite meal? Chicken Tikka.

• Haha 7

At various times in the last ten days I've said things intended to encourage votes for Entropy. Sometimes votes went up and sometimes they went down afterwards. Of course I'll never know whether my spoutings and the vote movements were in any way connected. I knew there was a phrase for that so I looked it up and found "Correlation doesn't imply causation." Nicely put. I also found this subtle cartoon...

y4m-yufFtSazyc3x3rDVM_l2MfyZcyStd4b7DbcH

Edit. We lost a voter after I posted that. I wonder....

Edited by Bertie McBoatface
  • Like 2
  • Haha 11

Right, lovely picture of Olivia de Havilland, but how is that supposed to get me to vote for 'Uhrwerk Springen Haufen - STOL and VTOL'? Hmmm, perhaps I've got this subliminal messaging wrong...

Best Regards,

Jason

This is the first Bunfight where I've had skin in the game. 

Seeing how many good build ideas there are does make me wonder why we don't merge a few to ensure more candidates make it through. Like a European coalition government, if you see the point. 

For example, FAA fits squarely within Salty Sea Dog.

Between De Havilland, Sopwith, Hawker GB candidates there's a pretty decent "Classic British Aircraft" build (with sub-galleries, why not?)

Large scale and and small scale could even become Off Scale High/Low.

That would then leave room for Emergency, or Aces, or (and here's what you knew I'd say) Above the Karman Line (though it may get through on its own).

What's the collective wisdom about that?  Are we in it for strategic outcomes or the short sharp thrill of victory? 😀

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

Large scale and and small scale could even become Off Scale High/Low.

Or it could be called "Extreme scale" or something like that. I think you've raised some valid points. 🤔 The downside of merging GBs, of course, is the reduced butchery of the bunfight which would disappoint those with a penchant for blood sports. 🪓🔪 😁       Regards, Jeff.

• Haha 4

well it's that time of the day...and that time of the week for me.....loaded with beer........in an attempt to try and forget about the idiots at work. I have yet to find a good excuse for justifiable homicide.....but when I do.......  :mg:

So to the chart and again a few more new votes and quite a few moved to I suspect. There are bound to be unseen moves where votes have been added and taken away from the same GB so we only see the net results. But in the past I have taken quick checks of the voting during the day, sometimes updating my chart 4 or 5 times, then you really start to see the actual vote moving. I wish I could see or record the poll live, then I'd see the vote moving!

Ok I have to say a lot of wasted (sorry folks) votes right down the bottom, is nice to see support there but by now it is a very much lost cause unfortunately. Even the big move Sopwith, within the realm of possibly making it (I'd love to have those odds on a horse), the truth is it's very unlikely as those votes could easily come off that quickly.

I dear say a possible confirmed 7th GB into nexts years GBs??? To that effect I have moved the magic "prediction line" down to 50 (it maybe closer to 52 but we shall see). To me in the time left if your GB hits that number you can start planning. At the other end, if you don't have 40 by now.................

So 4 days to go....what will happen......will they change the Spa water!!!!  :sick:

2023%20GB%20Voting%2011th%20Nov-XL.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

Well on current standings, that's me down to 1 again. I've voted for the 2 that interested me and if they get through, they get through, if not then so be it. I've checked through the other builds and nothing in the stash fits or I haven't the interest in the subject. 

What is the actual closing date of the poll?

Ian 😀