2023 Bunfight poll

2023 Bunfight!  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favourite groupbuilds here. Please make six choices only.

• Above the Karman Line
    • TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers
    • The Entropy Groupbuild
    • The Salty Sea Dog GB
    • I feel deserted!
    • Marcel Bloch / Dassault Aviation
    • Airco and De Havilland
    • Sopwith, descendants and acquisitions (Hawker, Gloster, Siddeley)
    • Hawker Tornado to Sea Fury
    • Southern Europe
    • Not my comfort zone
    • Protecting Neutrality
    • Meteorology - Names from the weather
    • Reconnaissance and Scouting
    • Uhrwerk Springen Haufen - STOL and VTOL
    • Emergency!
    • A Pillar of Fire - WW2 jets and rockets
    • Classic wings, Cars, Ships, and More
    • Here comes the Fleet! (Air Arm)
    • Aces High
    • Small scales
    • Go large or go home
    • Planes, Names and Dames

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/22 at 23:59

I'd be well up for knifing some of the higher builds by shifting my votes to save my favourites, but it doesn't appear to let me vote for the same GB more than once 🤣

A couple of animal jokes:

What side of a dog has the most fur?

The outside

How do you make a cat go "woof"?

Cover it in petrol and strike a match

James

• Haha 3

On 11/7/2022 at 5:50 PM, Kallisti said:

and don't forget how cruel the word Dyslexia is to spell for people who suffer from it.

As my (dyslexic) best mate says, Lysdexics are teeple poo!

On 11/7/2022 at 6:35 PM, LorenSharp said:

Are oranges called oranges because they're orange, or is orange called orange because oranges are orange?

The latter, which completely blew my mind when I found out

James

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

If the CPR fails, it’s time to sing For Whom The Bell Tolls.

That would be a Tragedy. 😄

At the moment four out of the six GBs that I voted for are above the line so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they get through. 

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, PattheCat said:

I wouldn't want to bother  Craig @modelling minion too much but if he could host my wife a little longer after Telford, I'd really appreciate.

Strangely, since she spends time in his luxury jacuzzi I spend more time at the modelling bench.

More than happy to continue to accommodate your wife Pat, anything for a friend.👍

She is now fully aware that Sprues come in different sizes and exactly what not to cut.😉

🇺🇦

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Whoever removed their vote from the Desert GB I want my £30 back, with interest!!

wasn't me, but I only got £20 and that was in crypto currency that has tanked. Where's my extra tenner (hopefully one those plastic notes that doesn't get ruined in the jacuzzi)? 😀

Chris

• Haha 4

Lacking technological interest, I've produced the only chart that matters to me.

y4mJIgg1fJ_23G64hteUCXE8jivoNoH3kyrh90q5

It's still too soon to crow but Entropy may now be above the contest that will be fought between the six proposals currently between 37 and 46, for positions nine. ten and eleven.

We need to hold our current 47 and pick up a few of the fall-out from the no-hopers to the left and the unnecessarily over-subscribed to the right.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 81-er said:

As my (dyslexic) best mate says, Lysdexics are teeple poo!

The latter, which completely blew my mind when I found out

James

On the contrary that’s how I expect all colours to have been named. ”What colour was it?” ”The colour of grass”.

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone told me ”green” is some pre-Babel word for grass and ”blue” meant ”sky” once upon a time.

On more important matters, I’m satisfied that Airco is in the fight again but utterly disappointed in the performance of the more esoteric subjects, especially Neutrality, Pillars of Fire, Names&Dames (what’s the ”names” part supposed to be anyway?) and Emergency. Aces High I would have expected to be on the superior side of the blue given how popular aces are in terms of subjects.

Edited by Torbjorn
  • Like 1

Let’s see. I’m pleased that Airco is climbing but sad that small scales isn’t.

I’m starting to worry about @Bertie McBoatface’s sanity but it’s hard to tell in the present company, self included :)

As for motivation/build choice I love the eclectic and generally build what interests me and is out there, that said I do build spitfires/19s/F16s etc but I stull

like to have a little bit of a twist in the schemes I choose.

Now listen to this and imagine your name in the lyrics instead of Ray…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

This years bumfight really does seem too close to call as there are a lot of GB's on very similar numbers, and some of the top ones are starting to lose votes! Whoever removed their vote from the Desert GB I want my £30 back, with interest!!

🇺🇦

I can add a vote, but it’ll cost you one vote for Airco&co!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Bee Gees songs are useful for first aid. Do chest compressions to the rhythm of Staying Alive.

If the CPR fails, it’s time to sing For Whom The Bell Tolls.

Leading on from that:

A bloke had a heart attack in the street the other day. I tried to help, but by the time I found my Bee Gees cd, he was dead

And whenever someone mentions For Whom the Bell Tolls, my mind goes to Metallica 🤣

45 minutes ago, Torbjorn said:

On the contrary that’s how I expect all colours to have been named. ”What colour was it?” ”The colour of grass”.

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone told me ”green” is some pre-Babel word for grass and ”blue” meant ”sky” once upon a time.

I could believe that. However orange is the only colour still sharing the name of the thing that inspired it in modern English, hence my surprise in discovering the fruit named the colour (and similarly that lemons are artificial fruits created by humans).

If you really want to blow your mind on colours, magenta doesn't exist in the visible spectrum and is actually a construction of our brains trying to decode the signals they're receiving from our eyes...

James

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 81-er said:

If you really want to blow your mind on colours, magenta doesn't exist in the visible spectrum and is actually a construction of our brains trying to decode the signals they're receiving from our eyes...

James

I am partially colour blind, so my mind makes up all sorts of things, I need my wife to help me with all shades!! I have painted some great colours when left unsupervised lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Torbjorn said:

I can add a vote, but it’ll cost you one vote for Airco&co!

I’ll buy that it’s called tactical voting :)

The romans used the same word for black and white hence black and blank, blanco, blanche are derived from the same root!! Must have been dangerous using a zebra crossing in those days… 

Not nearly as bad as French roundabouts they used th be like American ones where people on the roundabout had to give way to people entering the roundabout, but they decided to change them so that they worked the same way as the rest of Europe, however during the transition period they didn’t identify which way a given roundabout was supposed to work. Guess who went on a touring holiday of France that year !!!!!!

Edited by Marklo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marklo said:

I’m starting to worry about @Bertie McBoatface’s sanity but it’s hard to tell in the present company, self included :)

I think that train left the rails several pages ago, poor lad!

1 hour ago, 81-er said:

And whenever someone mentions For Whom the Bell Tolls, my mind goes to Metallica 🤣

A man after my own heart.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 81-er said:

James

Indeed true!

Here’s another colour-related thing that I find pretty freaky. 

We teach kids in primary school science that there are seven colours in the spectrum ROY G BIV’ as determined by Sir Isaac Newton. But since the spectrum is continuous he could really have had any number he wanted.

Apparently he chose seven because that’s a number with some significance to the occult and so-forth (he was ‘into’ all sorts of arcane pseudoscience at the time) and inserted ‘indigo’ into the official list to ensure that seven became ‘the’ number. 🌈 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Not nearly as bad as French roundabouts they used th be like American ones where people on the roundabout had to give way to people entering the roundabout, but they decided to change them so that they worked the same way as the rest of Europe, however during the transition period they didn’t identify which way a given roundabout was supposed to work. Guess who went on a touring holiday of France that year !!!!!!

The ones in my area, those in the roundabout have right of way and those coming into traffic have to yield. Still, sounds like you had an exciting trip!:shocked:

5 hours ago, 81-er said:

I'd be well up for knifing some of the higher builds by shifting my votes to save my favourites, but it doesn't appear to let me vote for the same GB more than once 🤣

A couple of animal jokes:

What side of a dog has the most fur?

The outside

How do you make a cat go "woof"?

Cover it in petrol and strike a match

James

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, sampanzer said:

I am partially colour blind, so my mind makes up all sorts of things, I need my wife to help me with all shades!! I have painted some great colours when left unsupervised lol

My other half's brother is an amazing artist, but red/green colourblind. If someone puts the paints in order for him, he's sorted. If not, he's been known to create brilliant shade-perfect landscapes, all in shades of red instead of green. Which is actually pretty cool

2 hours ago, Marklo said:

Sounds like a holiday that required the industrial strength brown trousers? I've an aunt & uncle living in France, and they recall the rural routes used to have priority for joining traffic rather than traffic on the main route at every junction, not just roundabouts. Apparently some of the older drivers still think that rule's in place... :door:

2 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

A man after my own heart.

🤘🤘🤘

James

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 81-er said:

Sounds like a holiday that required the industrial strength brown trousers?

Indeed, getting out of Paris via the Arc de triumph roundabout is something I’ll never ever forget….

Edited by Marklo

15 hours ago, Chrisj2003 said:

wasn't me, but I only got £20 and that was in crypto currency that has tanked. Where's my extra tenner (hopefully one those plastic notes that doesn't get ruined in the jacuzzi)? 

this should be rectified. i've just transferred another 10 quid from craigs account to you chris.

• Haha 3