2023 Bunfight poll

2023 Bunfight!  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favourite groupbuilds here. Please make six choices only.

• Above the Karman Line
    • TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers
    • The Entropy Groupbuild
    • The Salty Sea Dog GB
    • I feel deserted!
    • Marcel Bloch / Dassault Aviation
    • Airco and De Havilland
    • Sopwith, descendants and acquisitions (Hawker, Gloster, Siddeley)
    • Hawker Tornado to Sea Fury
    • Southern Europe
    • Not my comfort zone
    • Protecting Neutrality
    • Meteorology - Names from the weather
    • Reconnaissance and Scouting
    • Uhrwerk Springen Haufen - STOL and VTOL
    • Emergency!
    • A Pillar of Fire - WW2 jets and rockets
    • Classic wings, Cars, Ships, and More
    • Here comes the Fleet! (Air Arm)
    • Aces High
    • Small scales
    • Go large or go home
    • Planes, Names and Dames

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/22 at 23:59

ok, I just realised ever strong alcohol won't remove those images.........

Right update time, and it's interesting, first up I discovered an error in my prediction charts........probably due to all the soap bubbles overflowing from those boys Spa........ gosh I hope it was bubbles!!!  :sick: Anyway, all sorted now and I can start to see what is currently happening, though still early days.

So we've had 11 new votes to the poll and you can see where their interests lie! Things are starting to settle down the initial rush is over and I should start to see some trends (oh God please make those images go away!!!), in the next few days I'll have a good idea of who the top 4 will be, joining Salty Sea Dog next year (I've called the one!). Plus who the unfortunates are.......currently if your fav GB hasn't made it into the high 20's then I'd be worried!

So on Sunday I'll give you my predictions for the top 5 builds so far that'll be in next years builds.

Then the fun begins, any build currently in the 30's - 40's....well I hear the knives being sharpened as we read, there will be serious carnage, especially those currently in the 30's.

2023%20GB%20Voting%204th%20Nov-XL.jpg

---------------------------------

I brought my grandmother to one of those fish spa centres where the little fish eat your dead skin, only cost $45.

Was way cheaper than having her buried in the cemetery!

A brunette, redhead and blond went to a remote fitness spa deep in the mountains for some fun and relaxation.

After a stimulating healthy lunch, all three decided to visit the ladies room and found a strange-looking woman sitting at the entrance who said, "Welcome to the ladies room. Be sure to check out our newest feature: a mirror which, if you look into it and say something truthful, you will be awarded with a wish. But, be warned, for if you say something false, you will be sucked into the mirror to live in a void of nothingness for all eternity!"
The three women quickly entered and upon finding the mirror, the brunette said, "I think I'm the most beautiful of us three" and in an instant she was surrounded by a pile of money which she had wished for.
The redhead stepped up and said "I think I'm the most talented of us three" and she suddenly found the keys to a brand new Lexus in her hands which she too had wished for.
Excited over the possibility of having a wish come true, the blond looked into the mirror and said, "I think..." and was promptly sucked into the mirror.

For Sale: Dwarf Jacuzzi

Can also be used as a foot spa.

How do you call an area populated by run-down Italian beauty salons?

A spa-ghetto

interviewer: what was your last job

me: health angel
interviewer: oh so you worked at like a spa
me: no thilly, I drove a motorthycle

Wife's just back from the spa, says she feels like a new woman

Apparently "Me too" wasn't the right response.

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

What did the drummer call his twin daughters?

Anna one, Anna two…

Did you hear about the man who accidentally handed his wife super glue instead of her lipstick?

She still isn’t talking to him.

AW

• Haha 12

A Budweiser, a Miller and a Guiness salesman walk into a bar the first orders a Budweiser, the second a Miller and the third a coffee. The first two look at him sharply, and he replies ‘ well if you two aren’t drinking I don’t see why I should’

A piece of string goes into a bar, ‘id like a pint of beer’ says the string, ‘we don’t serve string says the barman, you’ll have to leave’. Not much later a tangled mess of string walks in. ‘You’re not another one of those pieces of string says the barman. No I’m a frayed knot’ replies the string…. 

What do you call a man with a seagull on his head? Cliff.

Edited by Marklo
  • Haha 9

Salesmen jokes! Three men are waiting at a hospital lounge as their wives are in labour. A midwife enters the room and tells Mr. A that his wife just gave birth to twins, congratulations! Mr.A is overwhelmingly happy and tells the other two men what a coincidence that is, as he's a salesman for Twinx! He leaves the room and two men remain waiting. Soon another midwife comes and congratulates Mr. B for the triplets his wife has just given birth to. A very happy Mr. B says that's funny, because he works at sales for 3M! Mr C. goes pale and tells Mr. B that he too works in sales, but for 7 Up...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, Dansk said:

i can testify to that as enzo's in @modelling minion's luxury jacuzzi with craig and I right now.

(You have to have read the desert GB updates)

Is @modelling minion providing the bubbles for the luxury jacuzzi as well? A well known side effect from his special blue pills

12 hours ago, Dansk said:

you got it wrong enzo. when craig pushed your head down in the water it was just to show you his new speedos, it wasnt to drown you.

Thank god it wasn’t an attempt to “Dutch oven” @Enzo the Magnificent

Most people are shocked when they find out how bad I am as an electrician.

• Haha 7

What side of a dog has the most fur?

The outside

An atheist was walking through the woods.

'What majestic trees!

'What powerful rivers!

'What beautiful animals!', he said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him.

He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly bear charge towards him.

He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closing in on him.

He looked over his shoulder again and the bear was even closer.

He tripped and fell on the ground.

He rolled over to pick himself up but saw that the bear was right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him... At that instant the atheist cried out, 'Oh my God!'

Time stopped.

The bear froze.

The forest was silent.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky.

'You deny my existence for all these years, teach others I don't exist and even credit creation to cosmic accident.'

'Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament?

'Am I to count you as a believer?'

The atheist looked directly into the light, 'It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps you could make the BEAR a Christian?'

'Very well,' said the voice.

The light went out. The sounds of the forest resumed. And the bear dropped his right paw, brought both paws together, bowed his head and spoke:

'For what I am about to receive, may the Lord make me truly thankful, amen.'

• Like 2
  • Haha 19
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, 81-er said:

He ran as fast as he could up the path

Actually, AFAIK (from a Davy Crockett story) you have to run DOWN a path to outrun a bear. (Better yet - be someplace else. 🙂)       Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

When doing a survey about holidays habits, how do you recognize a modeller?

Predictably, most people answer " I did some camping"

the modeller responds "I did some clamping".

• Haha 4

Yesterday @nimrod54 & I, had a rather enjoyable afternoon chat, sat in our wingback chairs with a glass of brandy each, using our Smoking pipes to punctuate the most important parts of our devious plans to derail the GB poll, by means of tactical voting and distraction. With the eventual outcome of @trickyrich blowing his lid and @Rabbit Leader finally succeeding in his yearly coup attempt. 

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Craig @modelling minion, My £20 bribe arrived previously for my tactical vote, but rather than these dodgy £20’s he’s commissioned to be printed on loo roll, mine was a 1/144 Puma kit & an exemption pass for the windy jacuzzi party that is currently in session. There must be a lot of wrinkley modellers around Nuneaton. 

@nimrod54 Stage 1 is go go go…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Good Lord, 6 Million comics out of work and here we are TRYING to be funny. Very trying....😜

“Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”

― Billy Connolly  :drink:

• Haha 4

Well some of the ones I voted for are going strong, and I particularly want not my comfort zone, small scale and above the Karmin line to get through, none of my proposals are above the line :) but at least none of the proposals that I am ambivalent or completely disinterested in are there either :)

Now back to the terrible jokes.

What do you call a man with a spade in his head… Doug

What’s brown and sticky… a stick

A dog goes into a post office to send a telegram. Can you get the telegram to read  ‘woof,  woof, woof, woof, woof, woof’ says the dog. The assistant types in the message and turns back to the dog and says, for the same price you could add two more woofs. To which the dog replies ‘don’t be ridiculous that makes no sense at all…’

A 999 (911 for all you Americans) ‘Hello I’m out in the woods with my friend hunting and hes had an accident I’m not sure he’s breathing’ to which the emergency operator replies ‘ can you make sure he’s not breathing sir’ there is the sound of a scuffle followed by a shot, ‘ right he’s definitely not breathing, what do I do next …..’

Edited by Marklo
  • Haha 10

I have no good jokes.  I do like all of yours though.  Every comedian needs someone like me in the audience to drolly remind others, "Now, that's funny."  I missed the part of the thread about the bubbles and the jacuzzi.  But I get it.  I'm on a high protein, low-meat, diet.  

And I like the way the polls are shaping up.  😁

When can I vote again?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I'm not sure why Enzo & modelling minion would be in a spa together drinking beer in the first place!!!!

They weren't both drinking beer: craig always has a cosmoplitan with a pink umbrella (to match his speedos).

8 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I didn't realize you were in the spa as wel

we do all our gb planning here.

i'm here now with craig's wife, I expect the guys will join later for more gb discussion. 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Pushback in LHR:

Guy on the headphone: „what‘s the difference between a woman in a shower and a woman in a church?“

me: „you‘re going to tell me I hope“

he: „ the woman in the church has the soul full of hope“. 

pushback completed, brakes to park please…

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dansk said:

They weren't both drinking beer: craig always has a cosmoplitan with a pink umbrella (to match his speedos).

i'm here now with craig's wife, I expect the guys will join later for more gb discussion. 

spacer.png

Have you got your jacuzzi Gerbil?

A creature of charm
is the gerbil.
Its diet's
exclusively herbal.
It grazes all day
On bunches of hay,
Passing gas with an
elegant burble.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Dansk said:

spacer.png

Bloody hell, I must have two wives!!!!!!! Where's that one been hiding? Other than in the jacuzzi obviously.

🇺🇦

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Dansk said:

spacer.png

Hey wait a minute, this is my jacuzzi ……. 😲

….. and my wife 😡

(before she had the kids 🤣

• Haha 8