2023 Bunfight poll

2023 Bunfight!  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favourite groupbuilds here. Please make six choices only.

• Above the Karman Line
    • TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers
    • The Entropy Groupbuild
    • The Salty Sea Dog GB
    • I feel deserted!
    • Marcel Bloch / Dassault Aviation
    • Airco and De Havilland
    • Sopwith, descendants and acquisitions (Hawker, Gloster, Siddeley)
    • Hawker Tornado to Sea Fury
    • Southern Europe
    • Not my comfort zone
    • Protecting Neutrality
    • Meteorology - Names from the weather
    • Reconnaissance and Scouting
    • Uhrwerk Springen Haufen - STOL and VTOL
    • Emergency!
    • A Pillar of Fire - WW2 jets and rockets
    • Classic wings, Cars, Ships, and More
    • Here comes the Fleet! (Air Arm)
    • Aces High
    • Small scales
    • Go large or go home
    • Planes, Names and Dames

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/22 at 23:59

Warning, Dad joke....

You need to do your best / worst Scottish accent with this one 😉

I called work this morning and whispered, "Sorry boss, I can't come in today. I have a wee cough." 

He exclaimed, "You have a wee cough!?"

I said, "Really?! Thanks boss, see you next week!"

• Haha 10

3 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

You need to do your best / worst Scottish accent with this one 😉

In a similar vein...

A Scotsman walks past a cake shop and looks in the window.  Puzzled, he goes in to the shop and asks the proprietor "Is that a macaroon or a meringue?"

The proprietor replies, "No, you're right.  It's a macaroon."

:lol:  

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

It's been a grand first Bunfight day. Salty Sea Dog sitting pretty atop the standings, and unless something bizarre and cataclysmic happens surely a goer. And from a purely selfish point of view all bar one of my picks doing well.

Thank you everyone who has supported the SSD GB proposal so far.

Edited by TonyOD
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

Whether you get another chart this afternoon depends.....:D

thanks for this early morning chart rich.🙏

seems like planes, names and dames took a dive for dassault this time.

what a great set of gbs we have in the running though, all those above the potential cut off look great.

i really hope comfort zone and karman line make it so we have loads of radical variety; there'll be so much different stuff to see there - as in the top strong section we already have 2 warm ones (desert and southern europe) and 2 navyish watery ones (fleet air arm and salty sea dog) quite samey potentially.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dansk said:

we already have 2 warm ones (desert and southern europe)

Paul, I’ve realised that many GBs are wide open enough you can fit something from the stash in and there’s a lot of overlap. But I’d see very little overlap between these two. My desert options are Iranian F-4 or Israeli F-16. My Southern European are Greek F-5 or Italian F-104. I can’t think of a post war desert camo scheme in Southern European; even when Italian starfighters went to the Gulf they remained in grey / green. Is there overlap in prop driven thingys?

Chris

• Like 1

Hi Everyone, 

I am a bit of a nitwit. :)

I finally found this page - still struggling to navigate the site.  Perhaps its too late to submit a topic but I wanted to submit one just in case: Our Time Has Passed.  The thinking being that as we get older the constants in our lives age, retire or are discarded.  For me I was a child when the teen series fighters entered service starting with the F-14 Tomcat.  I first saw a Tomcat when I was 7 years old and attended its last airshow in 2006 (30+ years later).  If you like the idea and it can still be entered please vote for it.  Otherwise next year.  Now to start looking at the options.

Regards,

Tomcat101    

ob829aq-M7mPA4xUPWOyWaF4SjMHasBvm6rq5uAj

ludUBTEIuxDldI4eB9zDhu1y449rH7JHRckGz0o1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomcat101 said:

Perhaps its too late to submit a topic but I wanted to submit one just in case: Our Time Has Passed.        

This is an excellent idea!   It's a bit too late for 2023 but it's certainly valid for 2024.  

If you would like to open a suitable thread in the Group Build Chat forum, we can kick off the nomination process.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/718-group-build-chat/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomcat101 said:

Hi Everyone, 

I am a bit of a nitwit. :)

I finally found this page - still struggling to navigate the site.  Perhaps its too late to submit a topic but I wanted to submit one just in case: Our Time Has Passed.  The thinking being that as we get older the constants in our lives age, retire or are discarded.  For me I was a child when the teen series fighters entered service starting with the F-14 Tomcat.  I first saw a Tomcat when I was 7 years old and attended its last airshow in 2006 (30+ years later).  If you like the idea and it can still be entered please vote for it.  Otherwise next year.  Now to start looking at the options.

Regards,

Tomcat101    

ob829aq-M7mPA4xUPWOyWaF4SjMHasBvm6rq5uAj

ludUBTEIuxDldI4eB9zDhu1y449rH7JHRckGz0o1

I would suggest looking at the Entropy group build proposal as a near equivalent,  and so far it seems to be doing quite well in the bunfight. 👍

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Dunno about that.   Being GB moderator is quite rewarding. 

🤣  ...and they say you don't know any jokes!!!

there isn't enough money or beer that could make me want to do your job, partly because then I'd never finish any builds, 2ndly I'd probably go "postal" after a couple of weeks!  :mg:

Even though some of us like to poke fun at you (:whistle:) you are a great leader of cats (most of the time when you don't change things... :bleh:), so very much appreciated all the work you do here and behind the scenes, so :cheers:.

...anyway an update will be forthcoming....after a date with a few lovely amber ales... or IPA's, DIPA's, Red IPA's.....well you get the idea! :drink: :D

• Like 7

Hope some of these have a surge of voters rushing in to save the day soon, otherwise I'll be taking part in very few builds next year (Zero at present count 🤣 )

Ian :) 

• Sad 1

I’m deliberately holding off until the end.  I think I signed up for most of the GB proposals anyway, but might be able to throw a cat amongst the pigeons.

AW

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

Entropy appears to be in seventh place with thirty votes.

Make that 31, as you just picked up a swinging voter in me for it! I’m not planning to build anything in it, mind, I just like to watch… 🤭

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

Entropy appears to be in seventh place with thirty votes. There are 20 out of the fifty Entropists yet to vote. Come on team, get your fingers into action! 

There are about 15 voters missing for the Tornado, Typhoon, Tempest, Fury, Sea Fury GB who are also MIA. Come on team, get those votes in ASAP.  Just a quick reminder of what might be possible, given an opportunity 🥷

52441741808_0a58601db8_b.jpg

52441492834_2419a36db3_b.jpg

😇

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Chrisj2003 said:

I can’t think of a post war desert camo scheme in Southern European

Greek F-5's, Spanish F-5's and the Spanish Mirage F.1's that @Enzo the Magnificent already mentioned.

Actually there were a few Spanish aircraft including transports that carried their desert based scheme.

🇺🇦