2023 Bunfight poll

2023 Bunfight!  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favourite groupbuilds here. Please make six choices only.

• Above the Karman Line
    • TLC - Transports, Loaders and Carriers
    • The Entropy Groupbuild
    • The Salty Sea Dog GB
    • I feel deserted!
    • Marcel Bloch / Dassault Aviation
    • Airco and De Havilland
    • Sopwith, descendants and acquisitions (Hawker, Gloster, Siddeley)
    • Hawker Tornado to Sea Fury
    • Southern Europe
    • Not my comfort zone
    • Protecting Neutrality
    • Meteorology - Names from the weather
    • Reconnaissance and Scouting
    • Uhrwerk Springen Haufen - STOL and VTOL
    • Emergency!
    • A Pillar of Fire - WW2 jets and rockets
    • Classic wings, Cars, Ships, and More
    • Here comes the Fleet! (Air Arm)
    • Aces High
    • Small scales
    • Go large or go home
    • Planes, Names and Dames

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/22 at 23:59

This thread is now open for business!  The poll will remain closed until the 1 November, giving us all chance to whip ourselves up into the usual pre-bunfight frenzy.   :frantic: 

If you have GB proposals still on the go in the chat thread, now would be the time to start lobbying.  However, you may wish to be a bit cagey here.  There are 21 groupbuilds chasing 9 places.  (More about this later)  It may benefit your groupbuild to allow it to miss the bunfight this year and go for 2024.

If I have missed any that are eligible, please let me know.

You each have six votes in the bunfight.  I will point out that the forum software has no way of limiting your votes to six, so as usual we will just go on trust.

The full quota of STGB slots has not been filled, so it is likely that up to three STGB slots can be used for GBs.  That will give 21 GBs chasing 12 places. 

As we discussed earlier in the year, this Bunfight will last for two weeks, with the carnage ending at 2359 UK time on Monday 14 November.

Gird your loins!  The Red Wedding will have nothing on this.

Full disclosure.  I don't actually know what the Red Wedding is.  I'm told it's something that ones says in situations like this...   :shrug: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 7

31 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

WOOOOOHOOOO there's going to be bloodshed!!!!!!! :yahoo:

You lot DO take this malarkey seriously don't you? 

It seems to me that there's a preponderance of Hawker-accessible GBs this year - the obvious Tornado to Sea Fury, the Sopwith (incorporating 'awkers etc) and the not so obvious weather and STOL/VTOL themes. I may have to join in somewhere. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Full disclosure.  I don't actually know what the Red Wedding is.  I'm told it's something that ones says in situations like this

And now you can add purple and green weddings.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

I'm considering my strategy,  possibly lurking in the background until 2300 UK time on Monday 14 November

I'm considering keeping my powder dry in this fashion, too.  Or, alternatively, going full-on with the bloodletting.  Only time will tell which way I'll go!

...and here was me about to say/ask something silly (as if I ever do that), as to why there wasn't a poll up for STGB's yet.........:whistle:

But could you anyway, as by my count there is only one vacant STGB slot open.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

But could you anyway, as by my count there is only one vacant STGB slot open.

Foxbat

Panzer 38(t)

Saab Draken

Boeing B-17

Last of the Gunfighters

Leopard tank

Three slots open, although there is a possibility that the P-47 STGB will take one of them.

On 10/1/2022 at 10:09 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

It may benefit your groupbuild to allow it to miss the bunfight this year and go for 2024.

AND that delay may not benefit.  If I've vouched a kit in support for a 2023 proposal, which then switches to 2024 - I reserve the right to reconsider.

That kit might be eligible for,  and get built in another 2023 GB.  And I might not have another eligible kit, and am then obliged to withdraw my support.

Example - Look back thru the chat threads to see how this one evolved:

Proposal for the current Revell-Monogram Classic Groupbuild that goes back to 2019 and my vouched kit at that time was an Fw Ta 152.

Revell Monogram didn't get onto the 2020GB schedule,  so I reconsidered, and built the kit during InterceptorsGB -

AND let it be know (three times) that I had no eligable kit for Revell Monogram.  That was never acted on - and I was always included in the head count.

In Nov 2021 Revell Monogram made it thru the Bunfight, onto the 2022GB schedule. Still counting on my support - and I've got no eligible kit! 

It wasn't one of my buns in that year's fight!

There are other GBs amongst the Bunfight contenders, where that reconsideration has resulted in a decision to continue to offer support for the next year.  BUT that was MY conscious decision.

After the event, in March this year, I was given an eligible Revell Stearman kit, just in time to participate in the GB.  

Followed by a Draken.

• Like 1

Wow

I can't believe it, all those choices and nothing I fancy 😟

Looks like I might be having a quiet year GB wise, unless something else makes it through 🤔

Ian 

On 02/10/2022 at 00:09, Enzo Matrix said:

The full quota of STGB slots has not been filled, so it is likely that up to three STGB slots can be used for GBs.  That will give 21 GBs chasing 12 places. 

I just checked the GB Chat section and it looks like there's only one STGB proposal that has prospect of gaining enough support to make it for 2023. The mighty Jug. V-P

• Like 1

20 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

I just checked the GB Chat section and it looks like there's only one STGB proposal that has prospect of gaining enough support to make it for 2023. The mighty Jug. V-P

GO Jugs!!!  :D

there use to be a good emoji for that until it was removed!! :crying: lololol

At least it might allow an extra GB or two to claim a shot.....that might cheer some up......until there hopes are crushed in the last minute!!! :D  This has to be the best time of the year!! :yahoo: "Bunfight Bloodshed!!"

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

GO Jugs!!!  :D there use to be a good emoji for that until it was removed!! :crying: lololol

If I recall correctly, it was an emoticon called :bust but as you can see, seeing even an animated pair is now for us 👴 👴 only a faint memory :weep:

• Haha 3

It's been a rubbish year for modelling (if I'm honest it's been a rubbish year all round) but I hope to get back into the swing of things in '23. Hopefully my Salty Sea Dog will make it through, but there are several others that I like the look of. The Bloch/Dassault one in particular as it will give me the chance to build another blocky old Heller bomber!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Sorry - being dim - where are the buttons to make selections/votes?

Poll isn't open until 1/11 Martin.