AMT '65 lowrider Grand Prix

• 3 weeks later...

So, here we go again. I got some paint earlier in the week. Hycote Ford pale blue from The Range. 4.99 for a small can.

I've used this on my Impala build too. Despite the chill in the garage it's gone on very well and is drying nicely.

1eaYCqs.jpg

5kA7JPu.jpg 

With one car in grey primer and the other in white there is a subtle difference.

I don't think it can be seen in these pictures. But the light in these two makes it change anyway.

I may need to Micromesh out a couple of dust specs, but I'm happy with the coverage. 

There's probably enough left in the can for another two cars. A bargain indeed.

It remains to be seen whether I'll get any time next weekend to do more, but fingers are crossed.

Thanks for looking. Please wrap comments in festive paper and I'll open them in a couple of weeks... :laugh:

Have a great week, Pete.

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

A well overdue update from rainy Lincolnshire this Sunday afternoon.

I've been doing small jobs on this when I got the chance and it's nearing the end of the build.

The windows got a polish with UPVC cleaner which seems to be slightly watered down T cut. But it gave a good result. 

I've made and fitted sunvisors and a rear view mirror.

byj86vw.jpg

Here's the Cadillac grille I'l be fitting. I've put a drop over Elmers white glue on the headlights (It'll dry clear and add a gleam to them).

I also put a dab of Tamiya clear orange on the turn signals (Indicators to us Brits).

qi3g2iT.jpg

One thing that was missing were the reinforcements under the hood (bonnet). So I made some from card and here's the result.

Not that anyone will ever look in there. It's what we do. Bring on the rubber lined room!

t7ZrQHh.jpg

And this is pretty much where we are now. The chassis is glued into place and being held there with elastic bands until the glue dries properly.

I've used kitchen towel under the elastic bands to protect the paint. I've been caught out with damage before now.

And that's it for now. It's cold and wet here so I'm inside by the logburner, NICE!

Thanks for looking, have a good week, I'll be delivering in York tomorrow morning. Give me a wave eh? Pete

• Like 7

Tidy update Pete, I do like that colour color!

6 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I'll be delivering in York tomorrow morning. Give me a wave eh?

Will do, but I doubt you'll see it from down here.... :)

Keith

• Haha 1