"Richard Cooke's moment of truth" 1985 BBC Documentary - Photographing the Red Arrows from the air.

Troffa

I've searched the forum and can't find any other reference to this little gem- a 1985 BBC Documentary telling of Richard Cooke's mission to photograph the Red Arrows inflight from a 237 OCU Hawker Hunter camera ship. Plenty of nice period details and 1980's RAF action.  I really enjoyed it, I hope you do too.

Cheers, Troffa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWGAY4jLyLoi

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's a great documentary, and I have happily fallen down the rabbit hole that is "Richard Cooke Photography" on Youtube in which he talks about his many projects of this nature- sad to learn of his passing, but he leaves a lasting record of the Royal Air Force in those late Cold War years. A wonderful Photographer. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So many iconic images, and so skilfully done that you almost forget how groundbreaking the shots were. The shot of the Harrier GR.3 firing the SNEB rockets, I can imagine the conversation. “I’ve got an idea for a Harrier rocket firing shot I’d like to do”

”Sounds fine, so long as you’re well off to the side as the rockets go a bit wild if they misfire”

”Oh, I want to take it from in front of the aircraft whilst it’s firing”

Edited by Riksbar
  • Like 1